LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
BORN IN BKLYN NOW IN MN
Joined
·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any new goats in the twin cities? I purchased one of the first ones in the St paul area. Looking for other gtos to get together for the 17th-18th july State Fair Carcraft weekend. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Cities GTOs

2004blkgtostpmn said:
Hey any new goats in the twin cities? I purchased one of the first ones in the St paul area. Looking for other gtos to get together for the 17th-18th july State Fair Carcraft weekend. :confused:
Can't say I'm that close but I live in Valley City, ND which is 60 miles west of Fargo. About 300 miles west of the cities.

I still belong to the MinneSSota Impala club. Sold my 96 Impala SS in order to jump up to the GTO.

Chances of making the Fair are slim. Have other things going.

Keep in touch.

Mike Spino
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
2004blkgtostpmn said:
Hey any new goats in the twin cities? I purchased one of the first ones in the St paul area. Looking for other gtos to get together for the 17th-18th july State Fair Carcraft weekend. :confused:
Just joined the forum - I am living/working in Bloomington, although home is in western Canada. Figured I should get one of these beasts while I'm where I can, since their bumpers don't pass Canadian Spec! :huh:
 

·
I Hate Spunk
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
Hey - I just joined the club. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to make the Carcraft weekend, 'cause I guess it's December now.
Anyway, I just wanted to check in and see if there were any other recent Minnesota GTO buyers out there - I haven't seen a single one on the roads...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
MSP area sightings

Douggo said:
Hey - I just joined the club. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to make the Carcraft weekend, 'cause I guess it's December now.
Anyway, I just wanted to check in and see if there were any other recent Minnesota GTO buyers out there - I haven't seen a single one on the roads...
I'm over on the southside of MSP, and drive the beast every day - it's my winter beater, since when summer comes I am generally on my V-Strom. I've only seen one other around here at all, a blue one that is sometimes in my company's parking lot or in nearby shopping areas....
 

·
Never Enough!
Joined
·
315 Posts
RiskIT said:
I'm over on the southside of MSP, and drive the beast every day - it's my winter beater, since when summer comes I am generally on my V-Strom. I've only seen one other around here at all, a blue one that is sometimes in my company's parking lot or in nearby shopping areas....
Picked my Blue/Blue M6 up in Dec, trying to put some miles on it in Burnsville :D
 

·
BORN IN BKLYN NOW IN MN
Joined
·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY GTO is stored for the winter. I did take it out for a spin on New Years day, the roads on 494/35e was clear of salt and cops :sneaky: I normally drive up and down 494/35w and 169/13 in Shakopee. :burnout:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
GoatFence said:
Picked my Blue/Blue M6 up in Dec, trying to put some miles on it in Burnsville :D
Do you stop by the 8400 tower off Normandale? I saw a blue one there a few times, thought it might be you (I work with GMAC-RFC, and often visit that building)...
 

·
BORN IN BKLYN NOW IN MN
Joined
·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dirk said:
St. Paul ... GTO's hibernating right now.
I'd like to see us meet next summer ...
No problem. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
TSpeed and myself are over here on the other side of town...
 

·
Never Enough!
Joined
·
315 Posts
RiskIT said:
Do you stop by the 8400 tower off Normandale? I saw a blue one there a few times, thought it might be you (I work with GMAC-RFC, and often visit that building)...
Not me :secret: I have seen a Yellow in Burnsville and a Black in Lakeville, Been tough sleddin lately, haven't tryed in a couple weeks :(
 

·
Resident Sports Rube
Joined
·
27 Posts
I have my new CPM out for the winter. Im in Blmgtn, but havent seen any on the roads lately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
GoatFence said:
Not me :secret: I have seen a Yellow in Burnsville and a Black in Lakeville, Been tough sleddin lately, haven't tryed in a couple weeks :(
Burnsville is close enough that it could have been me - I shop down there sometimes (esp. the Farm and Fleet :gr_jest: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
I drive mine everyday, red/red from St Louis Park to Plymouth and back.

We should definitely meet up this spring.

Where are the good performance shops around here? Any of you heard of Doug Rippie Motorsports?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Thull said:
I drive mine everyday, red/red from St Louis Park to Plymouth and back.

We should definitely meet up this spring.

Where are the good performance shops around here? Any of you heard of Doug Rippie Motorsports?
I would suggest checking out HiTech Motorsports in Ramsey. I just stopped in there yesterday. I think they do some work for Rippie. They had dyno sheets for a GTO that they tuned in November. It was 315 HP on the first pull and went to 336 HP after tuning. It was an M6. They want $550 for a dyno tune with LS1 Edit. I can give you more info about them if you want, I chatted with them for quite a while. PM me if you're interested and I can give you my phone number.
 

·
got cam?
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
2004blkgtostpmn said:
Hey any new goats in the twin cities? I purchased one of the first ones in the St paul area. Looking for other gtos to get together for the 17th-18th july State Fair Carcraft weekend. :confused:
hey just got my goat a few weeks ago. definately coming to carcraft with it along with my truck!!! ive only seen 1 around, i live up in the fridley area!!! ever go crusin down at the midway? def. will be there this summer!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
1meangto said:
hey just got my goat a few weeks ago. definately coming to carcraft with it along with my truck!!! ive only seen 1 around, i live up in the fridley area!!! ever go crusin down at the midway? def. will be there this summer!!
I work in Fridley, by 73rd and University. I drive mine every day...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I just join tonight..I just picked up my GTO last Monday night..its a 2004 Cosmic Purple A4...and a blast to drive!! I hope to run into some of you this year..
 
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Top