LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTO M6 Flowmaster Axle back and K&N CAI
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I really like the idea of the vararam system and using the hood scoops, but you have to cut the fan shroud. Are there any systems with an over the radiator intake without the cutting, I have a mostly stock car with Bolton that can go back to stock really easily, and right now I have a K&N "cold" air intake. I know there wouldn't be much of a performance increase, but much hood scoops need to suuuuuuuuuck.

·
Registered
2006 GTO M6 Flowmaster Axle back and K&N CAI
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it gets covered up by the radiator shroud if you ever went back to stock.
Yeah, but I'll know, I'm insane in a way, when I moved the MAF for the CAI, I dint even cut the tape holding the wiring harness, I just slipped it off the hook if I ever put it back...

·
Administrator
8,852 Posts
Yup, every OTR requires cutting the fan shroud. You'd be better off going back to a stock airbox over a K&N HAI. That thing should be a crime to sell as they are just stealing your money.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,523 Posts
Yeah, just pick up a spare shroud or send your shroud to me and I'll cut it for you.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
464 Posts
The best non OTR CAI would be cold air intake inductions and LPE IMO. If you ever decided to go that way.

·
Administrator
8,852 Posts
A duspeed is an OTR and a radiator shroud in one.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
464 Posts
What's the difference between the lingefleter and the k&n?
I think it seals better to trap out engine heat (box contacts all the way around and seals heat from engine bay to filter) and I personally like the way it looks better. Also I think the filter looks to be larger. Also I have one and I did do before and after draggy runs and consistently picked up 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. Also if you check the fastest GTO lists a good portion of them run the LPE.
All that being said the k&n seems very similar though so if you had one it wouldn’t be worth the switch IMO. The cold air inductions intake would be the best design wise(that’s not OTR) but I just didn’t like they way it looks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts