LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CS Performance carbon fiber intake on the forum from surfgzr1 and he included ported maf ends with the intake. This is a daily driver car and I am curious if they really add any benefit?

Is it safe to run without a screen on the street? I only drove it a little yesterday and the computer was trying to make changes in regards to the new intake and maf ends so I can't tell if the car likes it yet?

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
IMO you should run a screen ... just a 2nd place to catch somthing before it goes into the motor.

I have buddys who have never had a screen in years they seem to do fine. I don't know how much power it would make w/o it

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
the screen wasnt really put there to catch stuff(its what the filter is for)

its there to straighten the air flow as it crosses the wire in the maf , so that the incoming air can accuratly be measured

removing the screen , is best if you tune the car to work with out it

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
s/c'd cav said:
the screen wasnt really put there to catch stuff(its what the filter is for)

I just meant if somthing got past the filter or got in the bottom of the box when you changed the filter or what have you

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
If your tuned by Creech see what he thinks about no screen.

As for as MAF ends don't do it, but again see what Creech thinks as he will need to retune it.

If you have installed them already monitor your LTFT's and see how far off zero they are. + means Lean and - means rich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts