LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jack's Smirking Revenge
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be replacing my stock radio soon and was thinking about rewiring the wheel controls. I was thinking:

For the 3 buttons on the left side-
mode = cruise on/off
Next up = accell/resume
Next down = set/coast

For the 3 on the right-
Mute = trunk release
Vol Up = both windows up
Vol Down = both windows down

I'm sure the signals from these buttons are pretty low level so there will be plenty of relays involved, but I don't think it would be impossible.

Anyone ever try something like this, or do you think I should trade in the goat for a short bus? :drink:

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
The controls work by switching different resistance values between the same terminals on the BCM. The other functions you want to operate are standard switches with their own BCM inputs. This is not something that can be easily done.

·
A Miserable Prick
115 Posts
I am currently breadboarding a circuit that will interface the buttons and drive relays, it works on the bench but so far I haven't tested it in the car because I am finishing up another project. Circuit uses threshold detecting comparators with 0/1 outputs which are ANDed to isolate a single threshold. Parts are at least $80 (mostly high-current relay drivers), not a lot of interest from other forum members except Konnie the Goat who is still waiting for my schematic and parts list (sorry dude). Probably at least a couple months for the first prototype.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts