LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to make a maual fan switch? I know in time SLP or someone will have a kit. But I want one now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would think that we could use the F-Body kit from SLP, you would just need SLP to tell you which wires to splice in your Goat.

Call them and see what they say.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
jaguarcult said:
I would think that we could use the F-Body kit from SLP, you would just need SLP to tell you which wires to splice in your Goat.

Call them and see what they say.
Hey Jag, if you are ever in the market for a good tuner/dyno shop in SA, give Fuel Injection Specialties a call. They use LS1Edit and can do just about anything you want. Ask for Tracy or Greg.

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
called caspers, one will be available jan 05'

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
HP tuners will have that option in their next update.

·
Ph.D. in R.E.
407 Posts
You can get around the CEL if you install the manual fan switch between the fans and the relays. You will have to use extra relays in order to handle the current, but the computer can't see the actual fan circuit, only the control circuit going to the fan relays.

The best way to install it is to wire the switch to a hot while on source, that way you can throw the switch and the fans will come on automatically whenever you start the car - say, whenever you move up in the staging lanes. It doesn't make sense to run the fans with the motor off unless you install an electric water pump and run that off the same circuit.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
The fan relays are triggered from the ground side by the ECM. A second relay with contacts in parallel with the factory one would do the trick and not interfere with or damage the computer.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
I had this in my GTP. Seems to me the relays look very similar. Was actually thinking about it today at the shop and was poking around the online Mitchell manuals. I dont see why it couldnt be done. Only issue is that every once in a while I would set an SES light, but I would just clear that with my Auto Tap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts