LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title implies I was wondering if anybody here is going to be at the drift finals at Irwindale on saturday the 14th? As far as I know this should be the last time Rhys races the gto because they are switching to a solstice.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'll be there with a couple of guys.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
I think I'm gonna go. Gotta support the goats.

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
Can we buy tickets there or online? Which will be the best way to purchase?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you buy the tickets online it will be like 22.50 a piece, but if you buy them at the track they will be 27 bucks.

·
1,499 Posts
socal gto said:
If you buy the tickets online it will be like 22.50 a piece, but if you buy them at the track they will be 27 bucks.
OK thanks I just saw that. Hopefully I can go, and drag the wify along, I really don't want to cuz I don't want to deal with this----->:rant: after three hours of the event. I won't be driving the GTO cuz i'm paranoid.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hmmm... I went last year, don't think i'll make it this year :(

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Rain on Saturday.

·
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully not. I requested the day a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to the website the races will be happening rain or shine.

·
1,499 Posts
I was there, got a pic with Rhys Millen. I saw two black GTO's one wingless and a Orange 06 in the parking lot..

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw a couple of gtos as well. I may have had one of the black ones you saw. I did see a brazen orange one coming in and a yellow one with black stripes running up the scoops. I also met a guy by Rhys' car and told him about the forum. I think the best part of the races was watching Faust hit the wall. But hey that is just me.

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
I was on call for work and couldnt make it. I saw a guy the night before at outback steak house with a redbull drift team racing shirt, and a pontiac ball cap on. I wondered if he was really part of the crew, but I'd hate to bug someone while they're trying to eat :) just to find out

·
Registered
59 Posts
If the black spoilerless one you saw had side lights and black tail lights, its probably mine.
The ride along was awesome, felt like sliding on ice. The amount of angle it holds is just amazing. Rhys drove with his father Rod following during the run. I had my gf try to record it but she messed up, so I only had half of it recorded, oh well...
The drift goat is as unstreetable as any race car. Idles at 2k, gets boiling hot inside, gotta keep reving it to keep the voltage up.........but it definitely hauls ass!

·
1,499 Posts
marz4581 said:
If the black spoilerless one you saw had side lights and black tail lights, its probably mine.
The ride along was awesome, felt like sliding on ice. The amount of angle it holds is just amazing. Rhys drove with his father Rod following during the run. I had my gf try to record it but she messed up, so I only had half of it recorded, oh well...
The drift goat is as unstreetable as any race car. Idles at 2k, gets boiling hot inside, gotta keep reving it to keep the voltage up.........but it definitely hauls ass!
Thats cool....I was upset that I could not bring the videocam inside, hell I did not know that. I saw a few folks that had video cams. But I still got pix pn my digital cam.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts