LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so, can you post pics? im trying to decide if there is a color combo that might look good on black. but its sort of hard to imagine. im thinking about red on silver or silver on red to set off the interior

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dan is supposed to email some pics. he says the red stripes on black looks really sweet. i will post when i get them

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, Dan gave me these.
what does everyone think? i asked him for better pics. but i think this may be all he has.
its really hard to tell without actually seeing how they look on the ENTIRE car.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holeshot said:
What do ya think about black inner silver/ outer on Red?
that might look good. its really hard for me to imagine. i need pics. lol :)

·
Banned
504 Posts
Holeshot said:
What do ya think about black inner silver/ outer on Red?
You mean like this:

·
Outlaw Rebel
2,818 Posts
Ive seen em in person on a black goat and they were sweet :cool: .

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
damn that goat looks sweet

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
personally, i have never been a fan of pin striping and these are supersized pin stripes, but they doo look really good, just not for me.....

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Those look great on red.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Howie said:
You mean like this:

Jesus Dan !!!!
You really want to see me in divorce court don't you :banghead: :banghead:

·
Tori
381 Posts
Goat Lover said:
Ive seen em in person on a black goat and they were sweet :cool: .

I'll tell you I happen to show up at the dealer that day that Dan was delviery the car and I loved the way the car looks. The pics are good but until you are actually seeing in person IT IS AWESOME. Oh yeah, there exhaust system that they designed for the GTO I was not sure how good it would sound until I got to hear this car.... I had a borla exhaust on my camaro but this exhaust system is ten times better than the borla ... The guys at AP ROCK....

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Black/silver on torrid red look awesome. Nice job.

Anybody have any pics of a IBM setup ?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nice stripes. I'd prefer a smoother tapering off of the end instead of the "upcheck". But still very nice.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Mikesan said:
Nice stripes. I'd prefer a smoother tapering off of the end instead of the "upcheck". But still very nice.
It is designed to mimmic the classic GTO Judge stripes from one model year, dont recall which.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I hear what you are saying and appreciate your photoshop efforts, but I just don't get the mimicking of a look from 30+ years ago. The new GTO is not supposed to be an updated version of a retro car. That's the Mustang's direction. The only real similarity is that it is a relatively sedate looking car with a thumping V8. I chuckle when the aftermarket tries to make "Judge" packages for the new GTOs. If GM didn't want to go the retro look on this car, why does the aftermarket? The stripes are nice, but would look better as a straight line. JMO.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Mmm, no it isnt a retro redesign (by any means) but that doesnt mean people who are fans of the classic GTO's cant add a little graphic to hint at those classic beasts of the past. Only true GTO fans will spot the stripe and know where the style cues came from. It isnt about making it look like a classic, just hint at its roots for folks who would know its history.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts