LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to go out for some "casual" racing down the 1/4 mile. I'm thinking of Monday 9/6 (Labor Day) or Sunday 9/19.

FYI, MIR = Maryland International Raceway, about 1/2 hour south of DC.

Chris

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
That would be nice to see some goats at the track. I'll come and spectate :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
If i got my damn 8.8 rear end i will come for sure. I would like 11's before i install my SC.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
I am extemely interested.I was just talking about that today at work.I just don't want too many people,I am willing to pay more for less bs.Hey Rob,we can practice with HP tuners before you buy.I am just waiting for my headers then I should be ready.You think sometime in late september?It would be cooler.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Sunday 9/19 and I may be there. I'm going to the Subara Shootout in Beaver Springs Pennsylvania on 9/17-9/18 (I was going to run on the Friday and then spectate on the Saturday).

Padre

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
You know what. I misunderstood your post I think.I would like to rent the track for a day with maybe 4 others.Is that what you mean?Rob used to do it and said it isn't too expensive.I want to do that rather fight and claw just to get in a couple runs.Make a day of it and do some tuning and make it productive rather than a marathon. Anthony

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I meant to just go for one of the track's "open racing" days.

however, I also noticed that groups can rent the track for a day. I think it's about $100/car for up to 8 cars.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
I believe you can get up to 16 cars. You get one lane to your group. Its worth it if you plan on testing out what you've done with the car. Plus you'll be able to run so much you'll get tired of it :) I think you can do it on any day of the week but we were always on Fridays. Its a pretty nice time as you are the only ones there and most of the time, nobody is running. Lots of BSing usually.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Rob said:
I believe you can get up to 16 cars. You get one lane to your group. Its worth it if you plan on testing out what you've done with the car. Plus you'll be able to run so much you'll get tired of it :) I think you can do it on any day of the week but we were always on Fridays. Its a pretty nice time as you are the only ones there and most of the time, nobody is running. Lots of BSing usually.
Thats what I'm talking about.How about it guys? Start getting names together.I'm in!! Anthony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts