LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when the last boat docked? i think mine should be on it or maybe even unloaded by now. i'm counting the days...

·
3,327 Posts
Entertaining reading here. You are not the first ones waiting on your GTO :)
Old School

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i seem to have lost my last post... anyways the dealer said it left 4-21 so it should have docked sunday or monday i think. i was just wondering if there's any way to confirm if one came in about then. oh where or wher has my little goat gone. or where oh where can she be....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pacific Trip

svede1212 said:
i seem to have lost my last post... anyways the dealer said it left 4-21 so it should have docked sunday or monday i think. i was just wondering if there's any way to confirm if one came in about then. oh where or wher has my little goat gone. or where oh where can she be....
Who knows. BTW mine took exactly 19 days across the big pond, arrived West coast on April 12, sat around for 3 weeks, shipped from port across the fruited plain, heading East, on May 2, and no one knows where it is including Wanda; probably on a train. I am thinking could be any day, but maybe as long as 2 more weeks. Dealer got invoice weeks ago. My only consolation will be it's the first one in town and the first one from this dealer. What is interesting is that it is going to arrive within a week or so of the time that I calculated 'way last winter, based on the TPW. The times they originally quoted are about right. Of course I had hoped for sooner, but that was a dream. Had I REALLY known it would take this long, I would have waited for an '05. Water under the bridge.

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
1stChildhood said:
Who knows. BTW mine took exactly 19 days across the big pond, arrived West coast on April 12, sat around for 3 weeks, shipped from port across the fruited plain, heading East, on May 2, and no one knows where it is including Wanda; probably on a train. I am thinking could be any day, but maybe as long as 2 more weeks. Dealer got invoice weeks ago. My only consolation will be it's the first one in town and the first one from this dealer. What is interesting is that it is going to arrive within a week or so of the time that I calculated 'way last winter, based on the TPW. The times they originally quoted are about right. Of course I had hoped for sooner, but that was a dream. Had I REALLY known it would take this long, I would have waited for an '05. Water under the bridge.

Well stated 1st Childhood. Ditto.

Our cars are together, they have to be based on what you just said. I about posted the same thing. Even the GM system posted me at a 5/5/04 "In Transit - Expected Delivery" date and it's now the 15 and nothing. I realistically expected it to be here 2 weeks ago. My dealer also got invoiced for it about 3-4 weeks ago. It's taking longer than usual for this load for whatever reason. Last I heard was the train was in Illinois last Monday night, then supposedly in the Twin Cities (MN) as of Thursday night. But if that's true, then my car would have been to the dealership as of today. It's only a 4 hour drive from there to Des Moines.

·
Registered
141 Posts
edge929 said:
Well stated 1st Childhood. Ditto.

Our cars are together, they have to be based on what you just said. I about posted the same thing. Even the GM system posted me at a 5/5/04 "In Transit - Expected Delivery" date and it's now the 15 and nothing.
My car's with ya too...arrived in Benecia 12Apr...no sign of it yet, I'm in SE Michigan...at least my dealer is relaistic instead of guessing..he told me long ago..he's making no assumptions when it comes it..it gets here when it get here...and that's it..orginally told me at least six months, back in Jan, so best you can do is try to track it, he's got cars with later VIN's than mine already...go figure...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am in the San Diego area and my car was produced 30 MAR 04 and should of shipped from australia on the 15 Apr ship. My dealer called and said I should still get my car in 2 to 3 weeks, at the very latest he said the first week of June. The tracker still has a code of 3450. Who do you think is right?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I hope you guys get them soon!! Check my TPW and mine arrived at dealer 05-06-04.

·
Registered
541 Posts
PRODUCED to SHIPPED FROM CALI

bluem6gto said:
I am in the San Diego area and my car was produced 30 MAR 04 and should of shipped from australia on the 15 Apr ship. My dealer called and said I should still get my car in 2 to 3 weeks, at the very latest he said the first week of June. The tracker still has a code of 3450. Who do you think is right?
Blue, I am skeptical. If it was produced, surely it shipped in the last 6 weeks, but then why doesn't it have a 3550 Shipped code.... Perhaps (hopefully) you will have better luck than I have. My car was 3450 Produced on Mar. 2. It got a 4200 Shipped (from California) exactly two months later, May 2. I still don't have it. If you're lucky maybe yours won't have to ride a train at all since you're on the West coast. I would think it would just ride a carrier to your dealer (???). But see, if yours has the same timeline as mine (who knows about that), then it would ship out to the dealer from the West coast on about May 30. So he could be right on, BUT why doesn't it have a later code than 3450...?? As you imply, there seems to be conflicting info here. Did you see the printout that showed the 3450 date as being Mar. 30 ??
Good luck to us.....

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well mine suposedly took 6 weeks from the time it was built to when it went for a boat ride. for a 3 week transit it seems odd it takes 2 to 3 months to make it to the dealer from the time it was built but i guess that's what everybody's been through. it seems like pregnacy, labor and delivery took less time for my kid. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
73blazer said:
My car's with ya too...arrived in Benecia 12Apr...no sign of it yet, I'm in SE Michigan...at least my dealer is relaistic instead of guessing..he told me long ago..he's making no assumptions when it comes it..it gets here when it get here...and that's it..orginally told me at least six months, back in Jan, so best you can do is try to track it, he's got cars with later VIN's than mine already...go figure...
Well, the dealer called this morning and said my car has arrived! He's done the fix to the rear-end bushings ("Thunk in the trunk") and the car is ready!!!
Unfornutualy for me, I'm away on business all this week and won't return until late Friday, so I won't be able to pick her up until next monday, bummer...well at least I know..1 more week!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts