LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
11 second Club
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a tint guy he said he will install 5% for me all the way around.

If so does anyone have any problems seeing out of the rear view mirror or side mirrors?

Pics would be awesome also if anyone has any :)

TIA

Rob

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
2 issues:

1. Legal issues. Prepare to get ticketed with limo tint all the way around. Mine is 20% but I can get away with it in the desert. They are pretty lax around here because of the high skin cancer rates.

2. Visibility issues. You won't be able to use your 3 mirrors to see behind you at night. It is hard enough as it is to look back due to the spoiler.

Mine is 20 % tint and I think I have the best compromise of looks and visibility. I would imagine that 5% would look totally awesome! But you'd be blind as a bat. I like to still see things when I am going 130 mph!

:gr_jest:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I've got 35% and I sure wouldn't like it any darker.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
Robul said:
I know a tint guy he said he will install 5% for me all the way around.

If so does anyone have any problems seeing out of the rear view mirror or side mirrors?

Pics would be awesome also if anyone has any :)

TIA

Rob
MIne is 35% on the front glass, 20% on the rear quarter glass, and 5% on the back glass. 35% is as dark as we are allowed in Tx on front glass

·
Registered
367 Posts
If I get a good pic, I'll post mine, I have 20% on the doors and 5% on the other 3 windows. Looks great from outside, and little dark at nite, but that makes up for lack of autodimming mirror at nite.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This is what I have at the moment... hopefully I'll have some with windows up.
That is with the windows down and 5% on rear 3 windows...

·
MBM/M6
613 Posts
I had 35% Llumar all around on my Chevelle. Dark enough for effect, but not so dark the cops would look twice. That's what I'll do again when the '05 shows up.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I have 20% all around and that is dark enough.

Doc

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Word of advice, 5% is too dark to see out of at night period. Even 20% is so dark you will have a hard time backing down dark driveways and such. 5% on sides would be so illegal it wouldnt even last you a week before you got sick of it and/or ticketed a few times.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have 22% rear and rear quarters and 32% on the two front sides. I'd have rather gone lighter on the fronts but they were out of it. Looks great, but I worry about getting a ticket. No way, I'd do 5%. Asking for an accident.

·
GTOINLV
157 Posts
I Think You're All Wrong...i Have 5% All Around Including A Rather Large Glare Strip On The Front Windsheild...it Is Datk At Night When Backing Up? Yes Roll Your Windows Down Fro A Couple Sec's When It's Sunny Out And Hot You'll Appreciate It. Going Forward Who's Looking Back Anyway?? Honestly You Can See Everyone's Headlights In All Mirrors Just Fine. I Liken It To A Self Dimming Mirror. No One Complains About Those And That's About What You'll See. My Wife Liked It So Much We Did Her Crown Vic The Same Way...just Make Sure They Don't Put Metallics On The Reaer Window...it Will Mess Up The Radio Reception

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is 5% tint on my Dodge Intrepid, yes I know the back window looks like ass, that's why I got it removed ( and to the fact that I didn't want to get pulled over ). 5% tint is NOT as bad as you think, a little hard to see out of at night, yeah, but the GTO isn't the easiest car to see out of anyway and in the daytime, no worries. If the cops wouldn't bother me, I'd have 5% tint on the intrepid, sunfire and the GTO.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
The radio antenna is in the dot matrix area above the area normally tinted. Go ahead and do 1%. It's your ass. :angel:

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I went with 13% with mine and couldnt be happier. My girl has 20% on hers and you can still see through it. Now mine on the other hand, you can see through it, but can't make out the person or gender of the person in the car. and I still have great visibility at night. Not to mention it looks better than a lighter tint

1 - 20 of 21 Posts