LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone looked at or replaced the stock subs? They are in the decklid from what I understand and are 7"? Anyone know if they are free air and what the cutout size is and how deep u can go with a sub? I was thinking of replacing them with 2 JL 8W7's, but don't know if they will fit. Also if it is currently free air vs. boxed, wonder if it is possible to seal them? Spose not since the gas tank is inbetween the trunk and back seat, don't know if u can get access to it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone at least know the stock sizes of the speakers?

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
Im ripping mine out next week.... Ill let you know.....

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
The dash kit is going to require some work......

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone yet? Also, anyone know if you can wire the stereo controls like volume control into an aftermarket deck? This is why I'm hesistant to take out the stock head unit cause I will lose those controls...

·
Registered
198 Posts
mtu_gto said:
Anyone yet? Also, anyone know if you can wire the stereo controls like volume control into an aftermarket deck? This is why I'm hesistant to take out the stock head unit cause I will lose those controls...
Perhaps this might help, not sure if it only talks to non-blaupunkt units:

http://www.blaupunkt.com.au/download/VY-WK_Media_Release_new.pdf

I think other adapters exist here too.

btw I have the same unit in my (aussie) car (i think it's the same as the GTO) Blaupunkt with internal 6-stacker. I've been looking for a way to get MP3 capability whilst retaining the factory look. Most of the aftermarket HU's i've seen done here look bad, due to irregular shape surround. BTW have you guys seen this http://www.ice-link.com its a device that enables an ipod to masquerade as your stacker, however it works by connecting to the stacker "port" on your HU, as the balupunkt units have an internal stacker it doesnt seem possible (I've asked Holden and Balupunkt). If one of you guys pull apart the unit and find out a way to connect an external stacker such that I can use the ice-link please tell, I will send you a case of our finest beer...

·
Wanna Take A Ride?
180 Posts
Just had my system installed.. (most of it from a previous vehicle except new sub box was built and new frnt/rear speakers added)

They had to use a dash kit from a 02 Nissan Maxima. Alot had to be trimmed off the sides though, but looks ok till a 04 GTO kit comes out. Might be possible to find a Monaro kit on the net somewhere, haven't looked yet.

Pictures and more info on my CarDomain site. Here's a link..
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506724/2

If that doesn't work go here, and click on page 2..
http://members.cardomain.com/stormguy04

;)

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
I am an installer at Hi-Fi Fo-Fum in St. Louis, I will be building a kit for my gto next week when the snow melts and I actually get to drive the thing. It will be built out of wood and fiberglass using the dash as a mold (with tape and wax of course). I am thinking of flushing a 7 inch monitor as well as head unit..not sure yet..maybe just an IVA-D900 and a PXA-H510 and all alpine components..I will let you guys know how it came out with pics..If anybody is interested in a kit let me know and I will build it for you.

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
A PAC SWIX steering wheel control adaptor should work in the GTO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can anyone who's taken out their Blaupunkt unit describe to me if there are any low-level outputs or inputs (RCA)? I have a Rockford Fosgate 801x and 1501bd along with 2 12inch Solobaric L7s that I'm trying to install.

The reason why i want to maintain the Blaupunkt unit is for stealth.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Okay...riddle me this one. I have turned my stereo up all the way and it frickin' hurts my ears. Not only that but the sound is very clear and different instruments are very distinctive. I wonder if you guys are deaf or something??!!??

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
I cant say im into big booming stereos , but check out this psycho !!!

quote:
I'm currently building what will surely be one of the biggest audio systems ever completed in Australia.

The car is a new Monaro, complete with air-bag suspension, 422 stroker with FI ,$9k Harrop brakes, a leather/suede interior with matching Wilton ($$$) carpet. No expense has been spared on this car, I'll update the photos over the coming weeks.

Sorry for the dirty lense in some shots, I'll replace them tomorrow.

Before Christmas we installed:

Alpine "megapixel" DVD/TV
2 sets Boston Pros
2 Boston Pro 8.5s
2 Boston GT42s
4 (yes 4!) Bulk packs of Dynamat Extreme

We're currently fabricating new stainless streel tanks for the air bags and stainless racks for the amps.

The boot lid and amp racks are being motorised by no less than 6 Warner Electric Linear Actuators, the amps (all eight) will come completely out of the boot.

Here's the new total equipment list:

Alpine DVD/TV
Alpine DSP/Dolby/DTS
4x 7" LCD screens, visors and rear headrests
2x 17" LCD screens - bootlid
Boston Z6 - Front kicks
4x Boston PRO 8.5 - Front doors
2x Digital Designs 9510 subs - enclosed in front floors
4x Digital Designs 9512 subs - boot
Boston Pro 6.5 - Rear
8x Boston GT 28 amplifiers, 4 for 12" subs, 1 for Z6s, 1 for 8s in doors, 1 for rear, 1 for front subs, a total around 8000Wrms

Somehow I have to squeeze it all in in coming weeks (months).

·
Registered
175 Posts
No juice from the battery left for the car?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
So THATS what a real trunk looks like

1 - 17 of 17 Posts