LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 GTO that seems to have a bad ECU. Intermittent no crank, other times it will start but only run for about a minute, then kill itself as it enters safety mode. Code P0601.

This all happened after car sat for about 3 months. Battery had barely enough juice to start. Then the problems started. Charged battery, reset codes, reseated connections to ECU, all unsuccessful.

I'm mainly wondering if anyone here has used G7 computers repair service for their. ECU, and if so, were they able to successful repair it? They seem to have pretty good reviews.

On another note, anyone ever buy a refurbished one from flagship 1? They seem to have mixed reviews.

TIA

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm debating whether or not to try it on the BCM. I'm having intermittent rough/no start as well.
Once I can get it running, it seems fine. I'm not generating any codes though.

BCM and PCM are linked by security codes and need to be "relinked" if you replace one or the other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had any rough starts, just no crank, or it starts but kills itself within a minute or so, entering safety mode. I think my issue specifically is ECU related. I saw another post with almost identical issue, and they ended up replacing their ECU. Good thing about G7, is it seems if they can't find the issue or fix it, they issue a full refund. So you could always give it a shot, and if it's not fixed, at least you would only really be out the cost of shipping...

I'll be sending out my ECU today. Should get there Friday, so hopefully I'll have it back on Tuesday-Wednesday(ish).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, it took 3 weeks for it to get there (sent via USPS)... They finally got their hands on it, and indicated the following:

The computer you sent here has been repaired. There was a software failure on the board, so the unit did not need to be opened (which is always better for it) because the hardware all tested OK. Software repairs typically take longer than hardware faults, so a lot of time was put into this unit. Usually when the computer fails, so does another part on the vehicle, and if all the damaged parts on the vehicle are not replaced at the same time, then the original problem may still exist, or even cause damage again to the computer (which is not covered under warranty, as stated in the Terms and Conditions on the website) and/ or vehicle. Anything electrically related to the symptoms with the vehicle should be checked. It could not be determined if the fault was a result of another problem with the vehicle or a manufacturer's defect because the vehicle was not here for inspection.
I'll update once I get it back and see if my issue is resolved now... Apparently they can fix hardware and software issues. I was suspecting a hardware issue, and had no idea they'd be able to correct software issues too...

·
Administrator
20,588 Posts
Software failure? What kind of software failure? What did they do to fix it? Sounds sketchy as hell to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Software failure? What kind of software failure? What did they do to fix it? Sounds sketchy as hell to me.
I asked for more detail as to what they did to fix it. Awaiting response... Not sure if they have a GM flash tool and did some digging or what.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just sent my BCM to G7. I'll also report back on how it goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My issue was not fixed. Sent email to G7 and they issued a refund, so it's not like they're out to scam anyone, which is nice to see.

I bought a brand new ECM and will have to get my car towed to the dealership, who estimated 150-200 to program the new ECM.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My BCM was repaired by G7 and is being shipped back. They stated it was a hardware failure.

I'm currently running a BCM that was pulled from another GTO and I had it cloned, been running it for 1.5 years now with no problems. If you can find someone to clone it that is another option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I take it you haven't had the car tuned previously?
Bought the car less than 1000 miles ago. Pretty sure it was tuned using Flashpaq tuner. I tried writing stock file back to ECM and it did not resolve the issue.

My BCM was repaired by G7 and is being shipped back. They stated it was a hardware failure.

I'm currently running a BCM that was pulled from another GTO and I had it cloned, been running it for 1.5 years now with no problems. If you can find someone to clone it that is another option.
Just curious what kind of symptoms you were having with bad BCM? Also any idea what tool was used for clone?

·
Registered
186 Posts
My door actuators weren't working and trunk actuator wasn't working. Those were the main symptoms that I can recall.

Here's a thread about it. 06Phantom cloned mine.
BCM-PIM Tool

Reactions: Lawjic
1 - 14 of 14 Posts