LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in southington, looking for anyone else that might be around.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Fellow Nutmegger......

mike_ct said:
I'm in southington, looking for anyone else that might be around.
What up Mike...Im in Middletown, but I hang out in Bristol at my brothers most of the time. He work's in Southington over on Queen st. I've been looking for someone else close by with another GTO just to compare stuff. So far I only met one other person, but he was moving out of state. Lets get together somewhere and have coffee or whatever. Let me know..........

ROK

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, a fellow grand prix brother too; i had a 99 GTP fairly modded (cam, headers, nitrous, much more, used to run a 13.2 with it) nice gto, the scoops look awesome. are you going to the all pontiac show on sept. 12th?

i'm actually still involved with the Connecticut Club Grand Prix (see http://www.conncgp.net and http://www.conncgp.net/forum for car show info) we also have a show at town and country pontiac coming up, thats right up by you. we have monthly meetings, you are more than welcome to stop by with your car, i'm also up in middletown weeknights for coffee (place called klekolo world coffee / court street off main street) and i work in middletown at the aetna also.

·
9,794 Posts
mike_ct said:
cool, a fellow grand prix brother too; i had a 99 GTP fairly modded (cam, headers, nitrous, much more, used to run a 13.2 with it) nice gto, the scoops look awesome. are you going to the all pontiac show on sept. 12th?
<snip>

Thanks Mike, as far as the car show goes....."try to keep me away" lol..lol. The dealer where its going to be held is where I bought my Goat,and its about 4 minutes from my front door. I went to the GP web site and found it very interesting, I never knew there were so many Pontiac "heads" around. I read your post about the first time you drove the GTO....hmmmmm...I hope you have changed your mind about the it as far as performance now that you own one. Im enjoying mine very much, as I enjoyed my GTP too. I have always been a Pontiac kind of guy, even in my "yute"(youth). I see you work not to far from me, in fact if you took the back way out of Aetna instead of going to the highway my house is about 5 minutes away. Plus I know where that place is you go for coffee, over near Wysl.Un. Anyway Mike anytime you want to get together let me know, or ill see you on the 12th. Thanks again for the comps., talk to ya soon......

ROK

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
Hi Mike,

just got my Red/Red M6 this month. AWESOME! I work in Old Saybrook, but used to work in Southington. I'm going to go there Thurs 10/7 to have lunch w/ an old co-worker. Probably Chili's on Queen St near 84. So far I've only seen 1 other GTO, it was black and going the opposite direction. I honked and the driver gave me thumbs up. Seems they have only sold 5,500 of these so far!

·
Registered
2004 M6 PMB
307 Posts
I'm from Southington. Just picked up a black one with a six speed. Love it, except I can't get much seat time, the WIFE takes it on me !!! The rebate and financing deal was hard to resist on top of a supplier discount. The GTO looks great parked next to my '67 Firebird.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bill!! where abouts do you live?? i'm on west street..congrats on the nice car! both of them actually

·
Registered
2004 M6 PMB
307 Posts
Mike, I am off of Frost St. by the ski area. Didn't get to go to many cruises this summer with the Firebird, but this winter in goes a 455, so I will be in for a wild ride.
Next spring, I would like to take the GTO to Lebanon Valley to see what it will run. It would be cool to see a show of new GTOs there.

·
9,794 Posts
I just want to say CONGRATS :thumbs: to the new CT GTO's!! We are a rare breed here. I'm in Middletown, You can check out my Goat at,

http://community-2.webtv.net/MRROK/ROKSROCKET04GTO/

I know both of you are enjoying your cars VERY much. I met Mike at one of the Pontiac shows here in town and his GTO is very nice looking, I love the blue color inside and out. Maybe before it gets nasty (weather wise) we can all get together. (just a thought). Any ways good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!

ROK :driving::burnout:

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
gassyass said:
Hi to all CT goats,
I'm moving to Norwalk in Jan, very exciting :cool:
Welcome!

Keep checking the NE forum, we are planning a get-together in the spring...

·
Registered
629 Posts
gassyass said:
Hi to all CT goats,
I'm moving to Norwalk in Jan, very exciting :cool:
Cool, that will make at least 3 goats in Norwalk...............

·
Registered
629 Posts
CT Robert said:
I'm around the corner from you in Darien.
Cool.More goats is a good thing. I am near the Norwalk/Westport line, but we are still 5 mins apart.You have an 04 or getting an 05? G& J ?

·
Waiting for days off.
109 Posts
Car in garage for winter, but count me in.

·
04 M6 blk...Biotch !
127 Posts
I spotted a yellow jacket GTO with nose bra on Wednesday pm, it was parked around Boby V- thirsty turtle area in Stamford. It looked very sharp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. My name is Greg and I'm relitively new to LS1GTO. Great site! Currently own a couple 1971 GTO's. One is a daily driver needing some work but the other is in the middle of a frame-off that has been going on for years.... Almost pulled the trigger on the 04 with all those incentives but decided to wait for 05. I'm in Windsor and would like to hear about any great deals you guys got on your GTO. Thanks, Greg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts