LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
Picking mine up this week, PM for details...

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
im getting mine on as soon as they come in from the chromers. I paid $495+tax. Apparently, that's the dealer cost.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
lucky you

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
One of the dealers I contacted before I bought my IBM said they would charge me an extra $1500 for having the stock rims chromed.

I replied with, "I thought when I buy the car I get wheels/tires, so shouldn't I only pay for the chrome."

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
i had that same problem as fast GTO, when they said 1500, i was like "right........ i'll just keep the wheels unchromed....."

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
A dealership here in IL can do them for me for $795....supposedly his cost. I think I may just go for the Boze "Stingers" staying at 17x8 to save the cost of tires.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
my dealer wanted $1400.... i'm getting it done for a little over $400.....

·
Tailgating nearby
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where (besides) the dealer are you getting the wheels chromed at? Also, anyone know of a good place in the Northwest Atlanta area?

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
Atlantalion said:
Where (besides) the dealer are you getting the wheels chromed at? Also, anyone know of a good place in the Northwest Atlanta area?
not the dealership.... small wheel shop out here in CA.... i'm sure you can find a place near you...

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
GDV GTO, now i dont know if this is true, but i was told that theres some BS EPA law in illinois so there are no places in illinois that chrome stuff out, i hope this isnt true, so if you find a place let me know!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discount Tire Company stores can get it done. I think it takes about 3 weeks. so there would be some down time. Unless the place they use have some already done. I think it cost around $250.00 a wheel.

The place they use is in California. I forgot the name of the place they use.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
I just got mine on the car! They look amazing! :eek2: Here are some pics. Let me know what you guys think! (Total cost to me was $495+tax). Oh, sorry about the slight blur...I was shooting w/o a flash at twilight. Not exactly the best photo lighting, but I still think they came out well.

·
Future GTO owner
187 Posts
RedThunder, that looks SWEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!

I've been debating on what color GTO I should get and right now it's a toss up between black and red.

After looking at your ride with chrome stockers.....that is swaying my vote a little more to the red side. :D

Get some more day pics. :)

·
Seriously?
1,569 Posts
Fast GTO said:
One of the dealers I contacted before I bought my IBM said they would charge me an extra $1500 for having the stock rims chromed.

I replied with, "I thought when I buy the car I get wheels/tires, so shouldn't I only pay for the chrome."

:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
no sweat OhGeez, I'll get some day pics and post 'em asap. Thanks for the compliment! I think you should go with red too (but then again, I'm a little biased ;))!

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
they look beautiful, but i want to know how much extra cleaning time you need now for them before i consider it!

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
actually, the wheels are a great deal easier to clean when chromed because the brake dust doesn't accumulate nearly as bad as it does on the alloys. My brother's Formula Firebird has chrome wheels too, so I've seen how he's taken care of them for the last 2 years. It's no sweat -- in fact, its less work than the stock rims!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts