LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I go slow now.
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost that time of year again. How many cars are going to disappear for a couple months? My SS will be put away soon. But at least I still have the GTO as my winter beater. And the Trailblazer if it gets really bad.

·
Registered
294 Posts
After the Nov. 3rd run at Norwalk, the goat gets garaged until there are nicer winter days to take it out (as in, no snow on the ground, and no salt on the roads.... it happens sometimes..)

I've got a '96 Saturn with 146,000 miles on it that looks and runs like new. I'll be lucky if I put 2,000 miles on it this year...

·
♫♪♪♫♪
437 Posts
n8g said:
.....But at least I still have the GTO as my winter beater.
WTF! :nuts:

Actually, I plan to drive my GTO some, when it's not snowing. My main winter vehicle is the Jeep......if the geniuses at the Chrysler/Jeep dealer (who have been working on it for a week) ever figure out why it won't stay running! :mad:

·
A.K.A. YtownGoat24u
767 Posts
yeah,im going to try to hold out til november, plus the old celebrity is spitting out fuel like i have never seen b4, so i cant drive it right now...but the goat and the old mans firehawk are going down to my buddys shop enentually, 50 degrees all the time and plenty of room to work on her or clean her if i so desire...so im kinda excited about that

·
Hey, watch this!
322 Posts
My insurance drops off November 1st so it won't be back on the streets until April. :(

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
End of November is when it will go away unless we get some warm and clear days this winter. strangers things have happened....

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Daddy-O said:
My insurance drops off November 1st so it won't be back on the streets until April. :(
I can just turn the insurance on and off on a daily basis over the web if I need to. Otherwise it's still on the policy but just insured for storage.

·
Like a Rock
386 Posts
Winter beater died this spring.:( I will be dodging the slop by car pooling my wife to work during the bad days and driving the goat during the good days, if we have any... (snow belt resident here.)

·
Hey, watch this!
322 Posts
GTO1_OHIO said:
I can just turn the insurance on and off on a daily basis over the web if I need to. Otherwise it's still on the policy but just insured for storage.
Its still on my policy, I just keep fire and theft on it during storage.

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
i'll probably drive her on the weekends as long as there is no snow/salt on the road.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
At the first sign of measurable snow (that won't melt on contact), or anything that would require salt to be applied to the roads... she's (regrettably) down until April 1.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
RobertHammen said:
At the first sign of measurable snow (that won't melt on contact), or anything that would require salt to be applied to the roads... she's (regrettably) down until April 1.
That sucks!!!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
C'mon up Joe, I know you always wanted to visit Cheeseland. The temp's a balmy 35 degrees (Fahrenheit to our Aussie friends), with 40+ mph winds and snow flurries...

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
It looks like it might be sooner than I anticipated. The Dodge Ram 4x4 isnt really all that exiting to drive and I really enjoy having two vehicle to choose from. Oh well, hopefully there will be some clear dry non salty days this winter. Time to get the snowmobiles ready for the winter.

The goat needs to go to the body shop anyway to get a scratch and dent fixed. Maybee Ill do a cam this winter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oct. 20th is the day I drop the insurance on my GTO and put it storage. I'll start using my 1998 GMC Jimmy until April '07.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
I'll drive her around once every couple of weeks, if there's no snow/ice/salt/wet etc on the roads.

·
Hi-Performance Minis
271 Posts
No drop dead date here. If it's wet and snowy it stays in the garage. If the roads are dry I'll drive it, salt or no salt. I didn't put all this money in it to let it sit! ;)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I'll be driving her until it snows. I do need to get my bonneville in order for the winter. Needs some tire, brake, struts.

·
My most expensive mod ever
2,502 Posts
We might not get any snow....barely got any last year...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts