LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering because I called them today to see when the 05's were coming in and he suggested that I get a 04 and a supercharger, and they would honor the cars warranty? just wondering if anyone else went that route?

·
Registered
470 Posts
goatwrx said:
I was just wondering because I called them today to see when the 05's were coming in and he suggested that I get a 04 and a supercharger, and they would honor the cars warranty? just wondering if anyone else went that route?
Yes, I bought the Quicksilver supercharged GTO at Suss. The supercharger was so kindly installed by Mike Lyons of Engineered Performance Solutions, in conjunction with Suss, and yes, it did come with a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. The car performs all my expectations, with endless acceleration, in any gear, and enough power at Bandimere that I haven't been able to get traction yet. Also, Mike Lyons is a wonderful and skillful in setting the GTO up for raw performance. I talked and bought my GTO from Carey Jay, and tell him that you've spoken with Jeff Lillo about the GTO. Anymore questions, contact me via the forum or PMs.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you got mail, and do they actually have gto's on the lot that have the supercharger already installed???

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
chargedGTO said:
Yes, I bought the Quicksilver supercharged GTO at Suss. The supercharger was so kindly installed by Mike Lyons of Engineered Performance Solutions, in conjunction with Suss, and yes, it did come with a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. The car performs all my expectations, with endless acceleration, in any gear, and enough power at Bandimere that I haven't been able to get traction yet. Also, Mike Lyons is a wonderful and skillful in setting the GTO up for raw performance. I talked and bought my GTO from Carey Jay, and tell him that you've spoken with Jeff Lillo about the GTO. Anymore questions, contact me via the forum or PMs.
Do you have any dyno runs you can post?

·
Registered
470 Posts
No dyno numbers yet, but the installer and I have figured at our six thousand foot elevation the pulley size supplied by Magnacharger to to make 8lbs of boost is only making 5.5 up here. At he the current pulley size mike Lyons figures there is 450 to 460hp at the fly wheel and 390 to 400hp at the rear wheels. I'm a firm believer of boosted cars at this altitude because you loose so much air and naturally aspirated engines just don't perform as well as they do at sea level. Now, if I knew how to drive the car and could get the son a ***** to hook up and not wheel hop she would post good numbers at the track, but well see if we can do better tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts