LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unhappy with the paint match (plus a few other things) just wondering if it because of the color??

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
I sure as heck hope not. They are repainting my QSM next monday. I have some clear coat issues that they could not get out with heat. So, repainting the rear deck lid, the hood and the rear driver side quarter panel.

Hope I don't have any issues with the color match. If I do they are repainting the whole thing.

JR

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately not warranty vandalism so not a dealer doing the work. I proly shold have pointed that out sorry.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hood and drivers door was dented....I picked this body shop because they would go with me on a new hood required although repair would have been questionable so I went with a CF Hood about half the weight of the factory...but I am not happy with the color match and since they 'blended' both fenders it got worse and after they 'fixed' it.....it is worse. I paid the extra cost on the after Market Hood. I am Meeting with the owner who I have delt with for over 10 years (but always on used cars)...had teenagers learning to drive...Been to the shop 3 times do you think it is time to give up??????

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
Nope....I would expect them to get it right. Even if it takes painting the whole car.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
I painted the Trunk lid and Frt Bumper cover...perfect match!!! What paint system was used on car. I used Spies/Hecker. Formula is right on the money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Silver is a tough color to match. If a painter is really good he can do it.

GTO_04

·
Registered
217 Posts
GTO_04 said:
Silver is a tough color to match. If a painter is really good he can do it.

GTO_04
+1 It can be matched though. Silver requires extra attention to sanding using very fine 800 + sandpaper.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
yeah silver is hard , it also shows streaks in the paint easier than any other color

lighter colors are hard to get right

my cav has been repainted in some spots , they couldnt even get the flake right in the silver

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
I had my SAP hood painted at the dealer and just had the rear quarter painted and both are a shade darker than the original.
The hood you wouldn't notice unless I told you.
The rear quarter is only noticeable in direct sunlight.
Silver is a hard color to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts