LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone please chime in. anyone got the upgraded lines to move up in wattage? or have ever used them? or have pictures with them in?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
If you upgrade your low beams, get their upgraded wires. If you don't buy them at the same time, you'll be buying them later. Search a bit, you'll see. :)

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i actually upgrade to 80 watts? or was it 60. which ever one. whats the highest i can get? and what will happen if i get them. with the upgraded wires will anything burn out? and will it melt anything in the housing?

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
The HOEN low beams are 65watt, going from memory. They are not 80 I know.

I had a set of over a year, they worked great. I had Low/High/fog. I still have the fog and high. I had no problems. I did not buy the extra harness and mine did not burn. I was also gentle putting them in. I'm not sure if my fog lenses have hazed over, but I don't think so.

The reason I don't have the lows anymore is becasue I slid on some de-ice fluid and punted a fire hydrant with my car in Feb. For replacement I got a Philips 4300K HID setup. I'm not going back.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Napalm said:
The HOEN low beams are 65watt, going from memory. They are not 80 I know.
Not correct. The stock low beams as 55w the Hoen low beams (H11) are 80w. They have been fine with the upgraded connectors...so far. The problem with the Hoen low beam bulbs and stock connectors WILL occur during long distance night driving. I lost a bulb driving from Ohio to Connecticut and totally fried a connector and bulb driving down to Florida.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTO1_OHIO said:
Not correct. The stock low beams as 55w the Hoen low beams (H11) are 80w. They have been fine with the upgraded connectors...so far. The problem with the Hoen low beam bulbs and stock connectors WILL occur during long distance night driving. I lost a bulb driving from Ohio to Connecticut and totally fried a connector and bulb driving down to Florida.
thank you. i knew that it had to be 80. 65 wouldn't be worth it. i could just put a highbeam bulb into the low beam with a very easy modification if i had to. and the hoen highs are about 100? is there anyone to put even higher then 80 into the low beam socket? after all they are the same sockets.

·
Clowface 2016
318 Posts
Just go with an HID kit. It is so much more worth your money. I had the Hoens for a while, and they were good, but had too much color temperature to them, and were more bluish than white. Signs at night glowed bright, but actual light output wasnt overly exciting. With my HIDs, when I hit the high beams, and have all three sets of lights lit (modified the foglight relay so they stay on), any nearby trees, shrubs, and small fluffy animals burst into flames from the light/heat output!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've been told that the HID kit is NOT worth the almost double price tag. i've seen them and they really don't look THAT good. i have blacked out lights so i need something relaly powerful to shine through them.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,410 Posts
I got them and I like them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts