1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Forced Introduction
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Vector.

Any feedback on this?
Testimonials?

Looks like an interesting product, I read the info on the website, but I want to see some customer responses.

Thank you in advance, for any help on this.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Short of getting it tuned this kit would be a good alternative. Ultimately,
a street tune and the kit would be a great combo I would think.

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
our ait is attached to the MAF, so this is not plug and play for our cars.

For about 1/3 of the price you can just buy a new ait /04 gto ait and a harness and relocate it to a better position, there have been threads with detailed instructions on this procedure.

Diceman

·
Can't have enough V8s
1,932 Posts
iamdiceman said:
our ait is attached to the MAF, so this is not plug and play for our cars.

For about 1/3 of the price you can just buy a new ait /04 gto ait and a harness and relocate it to a better position, there have been threads with detailed instructions on this procedure.

Diceman
FWIW, that HSRK is made for an LS2 with the IAT in the MAF so it would be plug and play if the TBSS wires up like the GTO. I cant say it does as I have an 04 GTO and cant compare

What I would like to get is the faster response IAT sensor if nothing else.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
that would be work great for joe blow do it himself that lack wiring skills or time to re-wire a MAF but its a $100

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
iamdiceman said:
oharness and relocate it to a better position, there have been threads with detailed instructions on this procedure.
Diceman
This is different. It may relocate but it responds WAY quicker than the stock
sensor giving you better and accurate readings of the airflow.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
I agree actually this seems like an excellent product! If this is a plug and play without cutting the factory harness and the element reacts that fast this would be a great mod to cure heat soak. Like orangecrush said this with a dyno tune I believe would equal absolutely no heatsoak. I think I am gonna look into getting one of these in the spring when the heat returns. I did not want to relocate my IAT because I did not want to cut into the factory harness. Relocating also does not help all that much cause the sensor reacts very slowly as we know.

·
Black is Beautiful!
282 Posts
Yeah, it's plug and play. Made specifically for the LS2 engines (IAT built into MAF). I bought two, one for my TBSS, one for my GTO. I'm not sure if the guys at Vector still have any in stock, as they sold out in about 27 minutes this time around, but I know Chris has more on order. I was playing around with my Vector Motorsports DashHawk last night in the TBSS, and it's interesting to watch how the IAT temps jump around. At a stand still, your IATs (stock/in MAF) will read sometimes over 45 degrees or more over ambient temps...while driving 80mph down the expressway, the IAT temps are still 10-15 degrees higher than ambient. Relocating the IAT is a no brainer, and Vector claims this IAT is a custom built part that you can't just run to Napa and buy. Reacts almost instantaneously. You blow on it...the DashHawk sees the change NOW. I'm sure you'll be happy with the mod.

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
well I was looking at it. and i Didnt notice, how it was plug and play but i think i get it now, But wouldnt you still need to find a location for the AIT sensor? Looks to me like you would still need to relocate the sensor, This just looks more stock, and enables you not to have to cut and splice 2 wires.

But you still would be drillin a new hole in your box , looks like to me anyway.

Diceman

Diceman

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
yeah Im sure you would have to drill the hole, but the key is not having to splice the wires as well as most importantly the faster acting sensor. This is great for guys that havent already moved theirs. If you have maybe there is a way to just get the sensor. I will def be getting this in the spring to go with my dynotune. I want I want.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
iat is about 20-30 dollars , its a common gm iat sensor(got 1 in my cavalier)

i cant see the harness being a 70 dollar part

personally id rather put some heat wrap around the MAF , to keep heat away from it

if it was 50-60 bucks id consider it , or if the harness was seperate

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
We don't need no stinking heat soak kit, we wait until days like this and break the speed of sound, lol, lol......

ROK :)

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
for all those other days there's the heat soak kit hahah

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
s/c'd cav said:
iat is about 20-30 dollars , its a common gm iat sensor(got 1 in my cavalier)

i cant see the harness being a 70 dollar part

personally id rather put some heat wrap around the MAF , to keep heat away from it

if it was 50-60 bucks id consider it , or if the harness was seperate
For the love of god, please people RTFM!! We have a sensor produced that is 10 times faster than stock and it ALONE costs $45 a piece. Plus we had to have connectors custom molded since no one manufacturers the MAF side connector.

·
8,787 Posts
wtf does RTFM mean ??

and i did read the discription in the link , the IAt in my cav looks identical to the 1 in the pic , also mine reads pretty dam quick

im not trying to be a ass , just saying to me it seamed kinda high priced

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
s/c'd cav said:
wtf does RTFM mean ??

and i did read the discription in the link , the IAt in my cav looks identical to the 1 in the pic , also mine reads pretty dam quick

im not trying to be a ass , just saying to me it seamed kinda high priced
read the f-in' manual lol...

·
8,787 Posts
ah , i was close

lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.