LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non-functional sub box? I'm thinking about getting a light box and using an old 12" sub and somehow sliding my bottle in there. I really want my setup hidden and this seems like a way to really not make it obvious. Anyone do this?

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
I'm thinking about a fake sub panel on one side, with a decoy passive radiator, but haven't really had time to lay out ye olde 150 shot yet. If you look at this idea and it seems viable, please keep us posted.

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
Dont see why it couldnt work.. Maybe even the lid of an amplifier glued to the side so it lookslike its all there..
Luckily for me 2004s dont have this problem..
;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havn't really finished my setup yet so I will probably start working on it sometime next week. I also had a crazy idea of putting one in a bazooka tube (if I can find a bottle that will fit)

·
Registered
463 Posts
why not paint it to look like a Fire extinguisher!!! glue a few black handles on and other things to make it look real.

sub bos sounds like a good idea too tho

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Thats whats great about the 04 exhaust exit. My bottle is under the panel on the other side.
I like my trunk space.

·
2,347 Posts
Holeshot said:
Thats whats great about the 04 exhaust exit. My bottle is under the panel on the other side.
I like my trunk space.
:secret: :secret: :secret:

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
I have a close friend that has his bottle hidden in his sub box, just kind of a pain to take out and fill and without a remote bottle opener could be a problem, mine is hidden in the spare tire well if you dont mind not having the spare.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I probably have the worst luck when it comes to getting flat tires. Averaged about 2 a year with my last vehicle. It looks like there would be room behind the rear seat beside the fuel tank, but im not sure I like the idea of nitrous inches away from my tank.

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
shop took the measure ments about 3 -4 days ago goin back this week to test fit everything...will post pics

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
you know whats funny... bazooka makes a subwoofer that looks like a nitrous bottle...not that that helps you much... I would go with retrofitting a nitrous bottle inside a bazooka tube.

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
bigdave22385 said:
you know whats funny... bazooka makes a subwoofer that looks like a nitrous bottle...not that that helps you much... I would go with retrofitting a nitrous bottle inside a bazooka tube.
lol ilbuy that nos bazooka and display it ...''yea u are on nitrous '',''no im not look its a sub.'' ohh ok lets run ,and pull trains on him lol

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
that would be pretty amusing

·
2,347 Posts
dont forget if you do any track racing to make sure either
a:its really is totally hidden or
b:you have a blow down tube otherwise they will kick you when you go thru tech.
that is of coures unless
c: its mounted outside the car where no blowdown tube is required..
;)

·
As fast as fast can be
134 Posts
Why not just keep your trunk shut and not show off what is in it? Or just drape carpet over the whole side unlike the factory so that it is covered up?

·
BOM - code for Metal Pumpkin
1,179 Posts
Waving hand like obi wan... "There is no nitrous here. This is not the car you are looking for"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts