LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to be sending my car up that way and I was wondering if we had any members in the area. I ask because I may need a favor. If someone could stop by a certain shop for me so the owner of the shop/fabricators could take a lookat the GTO underhood and get some ideas prior to me sending the car away.

Thanks and keep me posted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I may be able to help you. I have an '06 BOM GTO and I live in Clinton Township - about 10 miles away from Troy. I don't know what kind of work you're having done to your GTO, but I assume that mostly everything is the same under the hood of the '04 as it is on the '06. I'd be happy to drive my GTO over to the shop where you're having the work done so they could take a look under the hood. It may give me some good ideas, too.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scooter70 said:
Which shop? Stenod or Wheel2Wheel?
Stenod.

I will figure out when they will have time for someone to drive by. I know they are extremely busy for the next week or 2 with a couple cars that they have to get done.

Thanks for the input so far.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm in Warren and would be happy to help you out. Just PM me and let me know.

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
Woah, you must be getting real serious now, Mick. What are you having Stenod do for you?

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Hey,

I could stop by there anytime, they are only 3-4 miles away. Ive been in there are few times and am pretty cool with the owner aswell.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way!

-Brian

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IBMgoat said:
Hey,

I could stop by there anytime, they are only 3-4 miles away. Ive been in there are few times and am pretty cool with the owner aswell.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way!

-Brian
If its cool I will probably talk with them and see when is a good time for you to stop by. They are just going to want to look under the hood of the car so they can figure out packaging and how big of twin turbos we can get in there.

I really appreciate everyones willingness to help so far.

As soon as I find out when they will have tim to look over the car I will let you guys know.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Joe and Matt arent going to want anyone in the shop because of some projects in there, I'd be careful about inviting people over there without asking...

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTPprix said:
Joe and Matt arent going to want anyone in the shop because of some projects in there, I'd be careful about inviting people over there without asking...
I am not asking anyone to go into the shop... and I have already talked to Joe about possibly having someone swing by so they could take a look. I wouldn't just invite someone to someone elses shop witout prior consent. I'm not an idiot man...

Anyways I think I have someone so as soon as I talk to Joe again in a week or so I will let him know when is a good time for Joe to take a look.

Thanks again for the help guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in Troy if you still need someone.
I'm driving a 04' with the 6sp manual - all stock.

mb.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I no longer need anyone to swing by. Joe called me and said that someone with a GTO came by looking to get a catback exh installed. And while he was there they popped the hood and took a look around!

I can't wait to send the car away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts