LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some 275s' on my rear but would like my rear fenders rolled. Anyone know a place in OKC or closeby that does this or does any of you do it?

·
Blessing rains down in Africa
5,476 Posts
I know of nobody locally... Or even in Tulsa...

I just planned on getting it done the next time I was down at SNL in Haslet, Tx. Most of the local guys just ground them down on their own with an angle grinder... I don't have the testiculars to do this though (nor do I need to at this point).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know of nobody locally... Or even in Tulsa...

I just planned on getting it done the next time I was down at SNL in Haslet, Tx. Most of the local guys just ground them down on their own with an angle grinder... I don't have the testiculars to do this though (nor do I need to at this point).
i just talked to Eurosport in Norman and they do it but it sounds like they will just push that inner lip up farther. So is it just that inner lip that folds under that is usually the problem when 275s' go on the back? If so, ill just grind that off instead of rolling.

·
Blessing rains down in Africa
5,476 Posts
i just talked to Eurosport in Norman and they do it but it sounds like they will just push that inner lip up farther. So is it just that inner lip that folds under that is usually the problem when 275s' go on the back? If so, ill just grind that off instead of rolling.
It's the lip on the rear fender arch. They just heat the paint up with a heat gun until its nice and pliable and then use a roller to roll that lip up and back against the fender as much as possible creating room for more clearance.

I've never heard of this Eurosport place... Sounds like a Bimmer/Tuner place and I've never been part of that crowd so I couldn't tell you anything about their work.

Good luck with the grindage! Try not to slip and run a grinding wheel down the side of the car. LoL.

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
It's the lip on the rear fender arch. They just heat the paint up with a heat gun until its nice and pliable and then use a roller to roll that lip up and back against the fender as much as possible creating room for more clearance.

I've never heard of this Eurosport place... Sounds like a Bimmer/Tuner place and I've never been part of that crowd so I couldn't tell you anything about their work.

Good luck with the grindage! Try not to slip and run a grinding wheel down the side of the car. LoL.
Eurosport is where I'll probably go for an alignment...As their alignment machine is recessed into the floor. If you car can roll, they can get it on their rack, no matter how low you go.

But they charge by the hour for that stuff, not by the job (like Hibdon's, et al), and evidently, they work slow :lol:

Personally, I'd prefer grinding them off (that's how mine are, THANKS PHTEVEN!) to rolling. Less chance of paint cracking on the outside, plus, rolling doesn't give you nearly the room that grinding them off does.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have an eastwood fender roller I dont have problems helping out but I dont do others rolling because I dont want to be responsible for anyones paint. I have the roller and a heat gun and anyone is welcome to use it free in my driveway, just pm me

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just had mine done at Eurosport. Good guys that took their time and did a careful job

1 - 10 of 10 Posts