LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it isn't the most popular class but I was wondering was there a motorcycle fan club here? Personally I wish Kawasaki would put forth some dollars for R&D so they can get back in the game.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually a huge fan of PSM. I have worked for several teams as a clutch guy. I have worked with Angelle Sampey, Craig Treble, and Chip Ellis. Kawasaki is actually in R&D on a PSM. They have tried to qualify with it with no such luck. I saw it at the Las Vegas race in 2008 and they had alot of trouble with it. And with the economy the way it is im sure they are in no hurry to put too much money in what seems to be a losing effort.

·
9 Second Club
14,762 Posts
:thumbs: I was glad to see Harley get back into the fray and Kawasaki should enhance it more. Impressive to see a real professional on the forum, welcome. :patriot:

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A family friend has his own shop and who used to race in psm back in the 1990's (Donald Shaw) and he has been dying to build a Kawasaki because they have been out of it so long. Our friend, my dad and I go to Atlanta and Charlotte every year and it is pretty cool to see that some of the racers recognize him and talk to us. It would be nice if Kawasaki could get back with the program. It is nice to see a crew member to show up. WELCOME!

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Im good friends with chip and i use to keep up with it but ive been so busy i havnt watched it much this year.Running PSM is a losing venture,if you win the champonship and about every race you would still lose money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A good buddy of mine bought a prostock suzuki from george bryce at star racing and he has been to the drag racing school several times. He wants to campaign it in 2011. he has no sponsors but he has wanted to do this for a long while, i am glad at least he has gone after his dream. The bike has not gone down the track yet and he has alot of learning ahead of him. He asked me if i wanted to go prostock racing next year. i guess i will be learning also.

·
Colts fan
2,475 Posts
I am good friends with Steve Johnson and Karen Stoffer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
O.K. i just got a call from my buddy today he is in valadosta ga. testing for the first time and on the third pass ran a 7.28 and the setup is soft until he gets up to gets used to it. It is a prostock suzuki

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good luck to your buddy, he's jumped in with the big fish now.:ninja:

I'd also like to see a few Kaws out there, but their air cooled stuff was behind the eight ball years ago, and the ZX stuff just hasn't got a chance since the rules keep getting "relaxed" to keep the Harleys and Suzuki's relevant.

Dave Schultz must be spinning in his grave.

Steve Johnson is a hoot. I bought a T-shirt from him a few years ago at Pomona. He wasn't supposed to be selling them at the track, so he made me go inside his trailer to get it, and stuff it down my pants so no one would see me carry it out.:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts