LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are stating that its a blown gto vs. a cobra.

Blown GTO vs a Cobra

Anyone we know?

From the speed of the GTO, it sure does not look or sound like its blown to me. Sure is not as fast as mine.

Looks like a black one, I know HPSpeed&Marine's is blue, Wavydavy has a black one? Mine is Purple.

WavyDavy was that you?

·
Registered
113 Posts
im the one that started that thread on ls1tech, names hink9 on that site, im pretty sure thats not magnacharged, i kow its not vorteched since theyre too new, if im not mistaken a magnacharged gto is good for high 12's right?

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
That's the same Goat that Angus has been ragging about. All we know is that there's something wrong if it was indeed a supercharged Goat - new driver, bad tune, no traction, who knows. Angus seems to be upfront and honest about it, so I'll take his word that it was as he says.

But all I know is I'd take my non-supercharged Goat and happily walk both those Cobras. (Search around a bit and you'll find Angus doing the same to this same Goat.)

But let me put it this way: I have videos of me walking cars that I should not have walked. I don't post them and brag about it. In fact, I post some of my losses just for the fun of it.

To Angus's credit, the owner of this Goat has not posted to explain himself. So all we're left with is one Goat having a very bad day (if you're the obsessive compulsive type about drag racing like me :) ).

Padre

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Do you know if he had a blower or not. He did spin the wheels but not enough to drop a full second. Heh heh, didn't leave the t/c on did he :D

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
kick_*ss said:
He did spin the wheels but not enough to drop a full second. Heh heh, didn't leave the t/c on did he :D
Ha. That's very possible. I did it once at the autocross and was like :confused: till someone said, "hey bro, did you leave your traction control on?" It was a Homer moment. Doh! :)

Padre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts