LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Left Lane Moses
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a recent Tampa Racing thread:

"i cruised down hillsborough ave. 2 kill some time and all of a sudden i see a black 5.7 GTO next to me and he was pushin me a bit by droppin back and skertin passed me so i said wtf n dropped 3rd and i pulled like a half a car and then we got caught a red light once it was green we took off and i pulled about a car and thats where we stayed till 125mph and then he let off. i was happy i had atleast a full car lenghth on him it was suprising and i ended up talking to the guy he was an older guy idk if he is on here but if he is please PM me im interested in another run."

Anyone?

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Not I said the Red Goat...
although I have played a couple fast 240sx/Silvias in the past.

·
The goat needs a drink
31 Posts
I'm not so sure about this story... 125 down hillsborough ave. is damn near impossible if not absolutely insane. It is so crowded and small that there's almost always an accident when someone races at that speed.

Also, if you're surprised that your hopped up 240 can pull a car-length on a GTO, then something is up. The knowledge required to get a 240 fast enough to beat a GTO is high enough that A) you would know how fast your car is, and B) you would know how fast an LS2 is.

I say cut the top speed in half and make it so that the GTO didn't even know it was racing, and you're probably closer to the truth.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sometimes on US19 i will jump it up to 60, but only for a sec. 125 is insane!

The GTO gets up past speed very fast.

Chas

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
Yeah i read it too, I dunno about it though. Sure as hell wasnt me, hed be writing a death story or nothing at all....:gears:

·
3,777 Posts
Ah, we have been cross-linked to TR....the 240 guy is trying to find who he raced.

On the Hills ave thing...I believe this guy is talking about the area btwn Memorial and Racetrack road. This is the only place on "Hillsborough" that would work for high speed unless you were outta your tree.

·
Resident Audio/Video Nut
734 Posts
REDGLOW360 said:
Yeah i read it too, I dunno about it though. Sure as hell wasnt me, hed be writing a death story or nothing at all....:gears:

I take it this isn't the 240 you have had dealings with in the past :turbonaug

·
3,777 Posts
06 TRed GTO said:
Naw, the red and black one has dissapeared...havent seen it in almost 8 months.
I will take care of this one once we meet up, 2 be sure!

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
06 TRed GTO said:
Ouch harsh, I never got my damn rematch after the stupid roll race (im a fricken auto, what the hell was I thinking), rolls are fat chicks, ya dig:gears:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts