LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honked at a stupid inattentive driver today who looked right but didn't look left before entering traffic from a gas station.

I honked the horn and she didn't even look at me. The horn seemed a little weak. Is it made by Blaupunkt too?

:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

Anyway, how do I make this horn extra loud? Has anyone changed their factory horn yet?

·
Registered
262 Posts
In the other car, I'm so used to just pushing in the clutch and stabbing the gas as my horn, but this car doesn't do that -- too quiet :D (and no clutch)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i was actually quite impressed with the factory horn on the GTO. the horn on my GTP was pretty wimpy in comparison. i went to speed shop to look into upgrading to louder one. but i would have cost about $100-150, so it wasn't worth it to me.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Go to the boneyard and snatch some horns from any Cadillac. They'll hear ya.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
the horn on my 03 grand am was crazy loud.... and when the bumper was ripped off, it looked like there was two horn units there.... wonder if it has the same plug connections?

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Only horn that i have had that truly get drivers attention was under the hood of my last f-350...dual air horns. :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hella Horns

I had the place thats doing my stereo put in dual hella horns. Its so loud now, I almost (note, almost) feel guilty when I honk at somebody! I was going to put in the same air horn that the police use, but i thought that might be overkill; plus i didn't want any bullets going my way. :cool:

Chris

·
Suck it Trebek
1,502 Posts
I just finished up installing some Hella Supertones I had left over from another car that I sold. There is a lot of room where the stock horns are and they fit great with a little bracket modification. An boy are they loud. I can't wait for someone to cut me off now!!

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
I ripped that stock junk out. I have a set of trumpet horns from a 73 grand am. Loud as hell.

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts
Yup, always knew these things were pretty stealthy :gr_jest:

try JC Whitney for the horns (the higher the db the louder), unless you want them right now

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Here ya' go...

TSpeed said:
Only horn that i have had that truly get drivers attention was under the hood of my last f-350...dual air horns. :cool:
I have these on my truck and I plan to see if they will fit behind the front fascia on the GTO.

Diggs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts