LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some GTO parts from a guy who parted one out and is trying to get rid of the the remaining stuff.

I thought these quarter windows were okay, but I have a perfect set of spares so I didn't need them. They are not perfect but they are pretty good. The rubber isn't cracked or broken, but it is pitted slightly. Don't know if they can be refinished. Anyway, the price is decent. If interested contact me and I'll get you in touch with him or just buy them and resell them to you.

He also has other items. A nice set of yellow doors, interior door handles, various interior plastic pieces, door mirrors, gas tank and probably other small stuff I can't recall. Let me know if I can help anyone get in touch with him or help pick up some stuff. He is in Nebraska but has a young family so is a pretty busy guy but is responsive and a real car guy. Car was a front end hit so nothing from the front is available, drivetrain is gone, seats are gone and rear bumper is gone. Mostly little stuff. I got a passenger side quarter, hood and trunk release cables and a few interior odds and ends for not a lot of $$$$.

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
Pretty good? Those things are dried out and hammered.

I’d need to have a broken window and in need of a fast cheap replacement before I’d spend money on those things.

·
GR-RRR!
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rubber is still slightly pliable. No cracks or missing pieces. I don't know if the outer surface of the rubber can in any way be refinished or if the rubber can be rejuvenated in any way. I've seen much MUCH worse. You could get the pair for $100 (or less).

·
Worthless reject member
40,993 Posts
i've seen a thread on here or two that says you can sand the rubber. I know ski said the had to do considerable work to one of his cars' quarter window stripping.

tried doing it myself on my blue car with limited results. will probably try again with different grit until i can get all the oxidation off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts