LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
Currently I don't know of any except the kit made by a AUS company. www.ProTurbokits in San Antonio is looking to do a twin turbo kit for the GTO. They are currently looking for a donor car.

Jose

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
Currently I don't know of any except the kit made by a AUS company. www.ProTurbokits in San Antonio is looking to do a twin turbo kit for the GTO. They are currently looking for a donor car.

Jose
I keep reading about all these manufacturers looking for donor cars. I guess live in the wrong area of the country. The only thing free I can get around here for my car is a GTO brochure.

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
Give them a call at 210-657-2706. They are looking for the donor.

Jose

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
Pro Turbo Kit's design is a twin system that will make more power then the INCON derived LPE kit. Also it will use full tubular headers instead of manifolds, 3" downpipes, front mount air to air Intercooler and the use of up to the SC63GT turbos which are rated about 1400hp for the pair.

Jose

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
That looks like the RPMotorsports kit. Nice looking kit but 20K is hard to come by.

Jose

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
Pro Turbo is still looking for a GTO donor car and the price I was given was a fraction of any other turbo setup out there.

Jose

·
Registered
18 Posts
That Horsepower Factory site is actually a brand name for Amberly Autos who many people down here know about. They are devolping a twin turbo kit for the LS1 and it is pretty stealth with the turbos being mounted lower in the engine bay and it racked up 611rwhp on the Summernats dyno with a stock engine pump gas and only 10Psi boost.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I saw photos of a turbo Holden during a Holden vs Ford show down there, but in the pic the turbo looked like it was only 2" from the steering rack boot. If that is the case, I don't want that much heat next to my steering rack/fluid... I'd opt for a different location, personally.

However, I would rather have a turbo than a supercharger (not that there is anything wrong w/ a supercharger) because I love the sound of that whistle as it spools up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just emailed pro turbo kits would it be better to call them? i gave them my phone # to call me in the email

·
Registered
14 Posts
Talked with proturbokits today and from what he told me he has a car coming in late october to develop a kit off of and that we can probably expect the twin turbo kit to be released in November sometime. I for one am planning to order

·
Doughnuts on your lawn...
130 Posts
JoeyCrack said:
Talked with proturbokits today and from what he told me he has a car coming in late october to develop a kit off of and that we can probably expect the twin turbo kit to be released in November sometime. I for one am planning to order
Yes, sometime around October 30th to be exact :secret: ...shall be interesting to see the results.

·
Registered
14 Posts
braap said:
Yes, sometime around October 30th to be exact :secret: ...shall be interesting to see the results.
ah so you're da guy then :sneaky: :eek2: :)

·
Doughnuts on your lawn...
130 Posts
JoeyCrack said:
ah so you're da guy then :sneaky: :eek2: :)
Nope, not me...but he's a good friend ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
braap said:
Nope, not me...but he's a good friend ;)
cool I know we are very excited after talking with them as well especially on the power figures!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts