LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some jl 8w6's laying around and was thinking of putting them in the rear deck. The other option is to put a box in the trunk with my alpine type-s 10's. Any thoughts?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Well, the trunk is small enough . . . Try thr 8 inchers in the back deck that way you will keep the small truck space you have!

Doc

·
Registered
113 Posts
Jodi said:
8"ers aren't going to fit the factory opening without some cutting. You have a 6.5" hole to work with.
True enough... my suggestion is to remove the rear seat facia and build a box for there. Tons of room.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wHERE IS THE REAR SEAT FACIA? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Frank said:
wHERE IS THE REAR SEAT FACIA? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP..
It is the plastic piece next to the rear seats on the left and right side. They are one piece and once the rear seats are taken out, they pop right off. Once off you will see a huge hole in each rear fender well that could easily support an 8 with no cutting, a 10 with slight or no cutting, or even a 12 with a bit of cutting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say you can mount an 8 in there, do you mean where the factory speaker is, or in a custom box? I've seen the pics of the guy who put 10's in there in a custom box. I didn't want anything that complicated..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Frank said:
When you say you can mount an 8 in there, do you mean where the factory speaker is, or in a custom box? I've seen the pics of the guy who put 10's in there in a custom box. I didn't want anything that complicated..
It would take a custom box, but it doesn't have to be anything pretty since it is all hidden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts