LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a week and can't find anyone to tune my new cam and headers. The closest to me is Nickey, but they said they're a year out for new work. I'd like to only go an hour outside of Rockford, Illinois if possible. Please let me know even if it's further though.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
2006 GTO 2004 GTO
5 Posts
I've been searching for a week and can't find anyone to tune my new cam and headers. The closest to me is Nickey, but they said they're a year out for new work. I'd like to only go an hour outside of Rockford, Illinois if possible. Please let me know even if it's further though.

Thanks,
Alex
Speed inc Schaumburg il

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2006 GTO 2004 GTO
5 Posts
If possible get a x air before tuning. Bohnman is in Arlington heights I have a similar package as u and x air for 500$ added the same rwhp as fast 92 for 1500 463 rwhp With noticeable gas mileage increase

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If possible get a x air before tuning. Bohnman is in Arlington heights I have a similar package as u and x air for 500$ added the same rwhp as fast 92 for 1500 463 rwhp With noticeable gas mileage increase
I wanted to, but didn't think it would gain that much power for the money. You must have a pretty big cam. I went with a 224/228 112LSA since my engine is at 120k miles. I eventually want to add one though, but maybe not right now. I didn't expect the cam and everything else I bought to cost close to $3000 haha. And that was installing it myself. A retune doesn't cost too much usually right?

·
Registered
2006 GTO 2004 GTO
5 Posts
I wanted to, but didn't think it would gain that much power for the money. You must have a pretty big cam. I went with a 224/228 112LSA since my engine is at 120k miles. I eventually want to add one though, but maybe not right now. I didn't expect the cam and everything else I bought to cost close to $3000 haha. And that was installing it myself. A retune doesn't cost too much usually right?
. Cam is 231 237 112 kooks lt high flow cats slp loud mouth with x pipe 25% under drive pulley x air and fast 92 Speed will be 600 for dyno tune with hp If ole bob recommend his guy in Janesville for half the price I would take his word for it he seems to know his stuff really good I’ve found it hard to believe that a c a I would really net nearly 20 rwhp until I saw it for myself on my car on the dyno just get it before the tune and save the money in the long run he should have them on hand there has also been lots of discussions on this forum in the past hp for dollar it’s possibly the best mod for this car but that’s only when tuned after

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
. Cam is 231 237 112 kooks lt high flow cats slp loud mouth with x pipe 25% under drive pulley x air and fast 92 Speed will be 600 for dyno tune with hp If ole bob recommend his guy in Janesville for half the price I would take his word for it he seems to know his stuff really good I’ve found it hard to believe that a c a I would really net nearly 20 rwhp until I saw it for myself on my car on the dyno just get it before the tune and save the money in the long run he should have them on hand there has also been lots of discussions on this forum in the past hp for dollar it’s possibly the best mod for this car but that’s only when tuned after
Yeah, that makes sense. I have wanted an over the radiator CAI like that since everything else is basically a hot air intake. Your setup was pretty much what I was going for, but never thought about the under drive pulley. 463HP is really good too. I was hoping for about 400 to the wheels with what I've got so far.

·
Yes my name is Holden
682 Posts
Good Evening Alex & all; The X-Air inlet box, fast temp reactor & a card style MAF will be money well spent. Bang per $$ will surprise you! And yes an X-Air does require a bit of effort to install. Ole' Bob.
Car Hood Light Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts