It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.

LR

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
No, if I had to use a hans device as its intended i'd probley be better off 6' under.......

Certinly theirs a use for it, but i'd have a roll cage and 5 pt. harness before I decided need for a Hans.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
we use it for our drag cars!! its actually pretty comfortable. in our super gas car we run in excess of 170 so we wanna use it just in case, you never know. Actually i think they should make it mandatory on any vehicle that runs 10.s or faster

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
yeah cause i want a $1000 head and neck system ( custom HANS) for my street car :umm: a neck collar would be a better pick till about 9's or 8's . plus i think in our air bag car it would suck to have the HANS do its thing then have teh air bag hit you in the face on top of you shouldnt wear a helmet with a airbag last i knew

all of the drivers i've worked with it was 'mandatory' all liked it but one and he's a old old school drag racer. he didnt like the limited side to side movement. basicly he couldn't look over and see the guy in the other lane. the stock car guys didnt care as much cause the way the seat limits the sight as it is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts