LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the Goodyear F1's are not only on back order but they aren't currently being produced.

Instead, I ordered Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's 245/35/19s. If anyone has any experience w/ them, please let me know.

Oh, Axis gurantees fitment of the 19x8 Axis Mod wheels. I'll be getting the 2" lip on the front and 3" Maxis lip on the back. They say they have fit the wheels on a GTO :) <crossing fingers>

thanks for any feedback
~ Joe

·
Former GTO Owner
225 Posts
josephra said:
Looks like the Goodyear F1's are not only on back order but they aren't currently being produced.

Instead, I ordered Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's 245/35/19s. If anyone has any experience w/ them, please let me know.

Oh, Axis gurantees fitment of the 19x8 Axis Mod wheels. I'll be getting the 2" lip on the front and 3" Maxis lip on the back. They say they have fit the wheels on a GTO :) <crossing fingers>

thanks for any feedback
~ Joe
Do you know what offset the Axis wheels are? Did you get a price quote? Just curious because I considered a set of Axis Supermesh wheels prior to getting my ROH's.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't recall the offset, I think it's 34. I'm told the offset is further in since this particular wheel has a lip on it. I stressed the importance of the offset and asked that they specifically request Axis to verify if they have fit an 04 GTO w/ this wheel. Aparantly the lady he spoke w/ said "110% certian they'll fit the GTO." They are also drilling the 120 bolt pattern for me at no charge.

·
Registered
169 Posts
They are a great tire. Im very happy with them. Probably the best tires Ive ever owned. I run them on my Porsche 235/40/18 front and 295/30/18 rear. They hook and dont let go. I think you will be happy with them.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anmracing said:
For the price they better be a good tire. That is an expensive tire...
FWIW, I am getting them for the same price as the goodyear f1 ds3's as Discount Tire was unable to get me a set. Not too much of a difference in price, but a savings none the less. I've also found that some things are worth paying for, I hope these turn out to be one of those things. ;^)

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you ever take your car to any kind of road coarse, you will be glad you payed what you did, they are definately worth the cost, if you use them that is

·
Gentlemen, behold!
160 Posts
PS2 aren't the best handling tire out there, but they are noisy at the limit. They're great for an ameteur driver who needs a little audible feedback at the handling theshold.

-Chris

·
Custom User Title
86 Posts
They came stock on the '03 SRT-4. 205/50/17z's though :eek:

Best tire I've had for handling, they're great. Drag is another story. I'm leaning toward some Nitto 555R's if I buy a Goat.

·
Custom User Title
86 Posts
Chrisbequick said:
PS2 aren't the best handling tire out there, but they are noisy at the limit. They're great for an ameteur driver who needs a little audible feedback at the handling theshold.

-Chris
sounds like me :eek:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chrisbequick said:

-Chris

Well, they'll be perfect for me then. :) I can use all the feedback one could get! I'm not an experienced road course driver, but do enjoy getting on it and pushing the edge of my limits now and then. I have ambitions to do road tracks next spring.

I'll be keeping my stock rims and likely set them up w/ drag radials if/when I decide to add more power and want to try out 1/4 mile runs.

thanks all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts