LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if you've had any problems.

I'm going to be closing the deal on an Impulse Blue GTO within a day or two. Patriot Stage 3 LS6 are tops on my mod list.

·
Here come Da Judge
228 Posts
Not much on the tech stuff but keep us informed. I think the LS1 to LS6 conversion is the way to go myself. I said I wasnt going to mod this car but the itch is getting unbearable. I think the LS1 to LS6 mod with the MPD ram air hood is on my short list.

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed,

It's not even worth it to buy the LS6 heads. They only flow 20-30 More cfm then the LS1's.

The Patriot Stage 3's come with Springs and everything and flow 320cfm.

www.patriot-performance.com

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
NBS4 said:
Speed,

It's not even worth it to buy the LS6 heads. They only flow 20-30 More cfm then the LS1's.

The Patriot Stage 3's come with Springs and everything and flow 320cfm.

www.patriot-performance.com
Which heads are you looking to buy? The lure of the LS6 heads is that you don't lose your warranty...

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phobos512 said:
Which heads are you looking to buy? The lure of the LS6 heads is that you don't lose your warranty...
The Warranty doesn't bother me that much. I can afford to pay for it out of pocket if anything breaks.

BUT.. The LS Engines are Bulletproof.. There are no worries about anything fucking up.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
NBS4 said:
The Warranty doesn't bother me that much. I can afford to pay for it out of pocket if anything breaks.

BUT.. The LS Engines are Bulletproof.. There are no worries about anything fucking up.
That's great but it still doesn't answer the most important question I asked, and that is, which heads are you going to buy? Is it the ones on the LS6 page or the ones on the LS1 page?

·
Registered
65 Posts
take a look a total engine airflows 5.3 heads they flow in the 300s on the intake and 265 on the exhaust just bought a set for mine goat

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
the judge said:
take a look a total engine airflows 5.3 heads they flow in the 300s on the intake and 265 on the exhaust just bought a set for mine goat
gotta link?

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phobos512 said:
That's great but it still doesn't answer the most important question I asked, and that is, which heads are you going to buy? Is it the ones on the LS6 page or the ones on the LS1 page?
The LS6.. Stage 3's with LPE's 208/220 Sleeper Cam. Should put down 410+Rwhp and idle like stock.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
When you guys say idle like stock, I would like to see one do that. Are you just talking sound only? I haven't been a v8 guy for very long but what I witnessed this evening is making me think twice when people say "idle's like stock"

·
Try Me
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gtodoug said:
When you guys say idle like stock, I would like to see one do that. Are you just talking sound only? I haven't been a v8 guy for very long but what I witnessed this evening is making me think twice when people say "idle's like stock"
The Cam has a 118.5 LSA. I have heard the cam in person and it Idles better then the stocker does. Does have a nice exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Only reason I posted that is because we just fired up FATCYAT's gto today and it idles fine, but alot of shake and sounds awsome. I wouldn't describe his as "like stock" I'll make another post about it.

·
Here come Da Judge
228 Posts
"The LS6.. Stage 3's with LPE's 208/220 Sleeper Cam. Should put down 410+Rwhp and idle like stock."
Now thats what I'm talking about! I dont care about the warranty either. I would like something that is proven and solid. Once again I dont know a thing about these engines so I'll be using info from this site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts