LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a weird profile,208/230 554/556 121 LSA.Wow that LSA is out there and look at that duration split.They told me they have been working on a new cam for a while but this cam is out there.
Anthony

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Looks like they've taken whatever they were doing with the GT2-3 even further, but with a more conservative lift. I noticed that they offer the GT2-3 with a spring kit.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
My guess is that thing makes some nice torque.

·
Ph.D. in R.E.
407 Posts
That's a forced induction cam. The intake doesn't need the duration because it's either forced in there with a blower/turbo or the nitrous is going in in liquid form, and the extra exhaust is for all the extra exhaust gas. The huge LSA minimises the valve overlap so you don't have any fresh intake charge going out the exhaust, and also opens the exhaust sooner to help reduce pumping losses (i.e., you get 'found' horsepower that doesn't increase the load on the bearings, compared to turning up the boost or injecting more nitrous).

On heads designed for forced induction, you don't need such a radical exhaust lobe, so this cam is most likely designed for stock or NA style heads to be used with a power adder.

Also, because the valve overlap is minimized, you won't see as much of a gain with LT's with this cam as you normally do using a narrower LSA. If you're going FI, you can get by with a cat-back and stock manifolds or maybe shorties. No need to spend the bucks on the LT's unless you're going for that last 5-10 hp.

·
Registered
113 Posts
121lsa iw that a typo, that cam must make some serious cylinder pressure, im thinking that wont be a very p[opular cam hence the intake duration, and low lift numbers. actually that cam reads 121 cl, im guessing thats the intake centerline. i wonder if there is retard ground into that cam for some reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts