LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone tested MPD's air box

I was debating on the MPD air box and was wondering if anyone has tested to see how well it performs.
Thanks
Extreme

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
I have it with the hood. The only thing I did was to place Tac Mat around the sides to keep the metal from absorbing so much engine heat. This seemed to do the trick, my autotap shows only 1 to 2 degrees different from ambient on the road. It used to get too hot to touch on the outside and now it stays very cool, I can touch the inside metal and it barely warmer than outside temps. Just FYI.

Dave

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
I have it with the hood. The only thing I did was to place Tac Mat around the sides to keep the metal from absorbing so much engine heat. This seemed to do the trick, my autotap shows only 1 to 2 degrees different from ambient on the road. It used to get too hot to touch on the outside and now it stays very cool, I can touch the inside metal and it barely warmer than outside temps. Just FYI.

Dave

Now somehow you have to figure out how to dyno it with the hood "ram-air" pass through open and then blocked off such that we can quantify the difference, if one exists (though I know they always say you can't dyno the ram-air difference).

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'm glad you got a black car. I was concerned about the solar heating of the black hood + ehgine heat causing the air in the scoops to heat up.
How's your IAT city driving on a sunny day?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts