LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the one on the spoiler, but the one inside on the rear deck? Anyone unplug it?

I've been meaning to ask this, as the first night I got my GTO, I drove home at night, and noticed that that brake light would shine Red all over the rear of the car (to include the spoiler) and was quite annoying, so I unpluged it.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Yep. Tinted the glass all the way down, too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been meaning to. How's it done and what do you do with wire?

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
putch said:
Been meaning to. How's it done and what do you do with wire?
It just pops up, and pulls forward and out, then unplug. I think I tucked the plug under something.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks. It's on the agenda for this week.

·
Silver Blur
1,054 Posts
Ya Its Easy To Unplug And Pop Out I Did Mine In Like A Minute Cuz The Tinter Was Gunna Cut Around It And I Think That Looks Gay So I Took It Out And Recovered The Deck

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
1badgto said:
Ya Its Easy To Unplug I Think That Looks Gay So I Took It Out And Recovered The Deck

YIKES :eek: The "G" word......Not that there's anything wrong with it...:mullet:

·
Registered
924 Posts
I hope unplugging that third brake light is nothing like the Grand Ams -- If you disconnect the third brake light, your Cruise Control will NOT work! Somehow, they're wired together. Same with our hazard light button, if its disconnected then the turn signals won't work.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
mistermike said:
Yep. Tinted the glass all the way down, too.
DITTO
On both counts.

and nothing else stopped working after this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts