LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using an ipod in their Goat? If so, how? and how well is it working?
Considering getting one, since I have a bunch of CD's I'd like to hear, but don't want to carry them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an iPOD it is awesome.. Whatever you do not waste your money on a wireless FM transmitter.. It does not work for sh%t.. Right now I am just using headphones in the car.. There are options to hardwire it into the FM reciver on the radio. I am going to look into that.. Or if your radio ( I do not drive a GTO right now ) has AUX input it would be best to wire into that for the best sound.

·
Looking to buy...
226 Posts
I have never cracked open the dash on my goat. I have read in various other posts that there is not an aux inout to our head unit. A few people did put their heads together a while back and figure out how to hook up a cell phone to the stereo (apparently its designed to accept it) Perhaps this could be of some help to you?

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you dont care too much for quality, FM'ing is easy and an iPod would surely work. If you really want MP3 in your car & you want good sound quality, try looking at some HU's that can play mp3/wma off CD or DVD.

If you have some $$ to spend, the 10gig kenwood keg can be found for ~$300.00 new and can be used w/ most kenwood HU's. Phatnoise (add a dot com) sells the same unit as well, but not kenwood specific.

hope that might help you consider options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you do go with an FM transmitter the itrip by Griffin Technology is a great one. I have it and it works fine. Also now they have another device called a RoadTrip that I have never seen but it looks cool. Check it out Griffin Technology. Or try the ipod accesories page here.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The fm transmitters are not that good. If you don't have the RCA hookups(with a stock radio you don't), you could also get a FM modulator. It still uses FM frequency but the antenna plugs into the box to get you a better signal..

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used an FM Modulator (JVC) and it sounds just like a CD. Yes it is FM but it plugs directly into your Antenna so you don't have to worry about reception. This is the same method as many CD Changers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts