LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thank you Holden!!!
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use Stabil in their gas? Do I need to? Planning on filling up before putting it in the back of the garage for what could be a couple months while I work on another project. Once I start that project the car will not be moved, and it may be a couple months until it is stable enough to move to get the goat back out. Do I need to use the fuel stabilizer for that length of time?

·
1,695 Posts
i wouldnt be worried about the fuel going bad in a coupe of months. The thing with storing your car is to fill the tank so theres less of a chance of moisture developing inside the tank. Of course, stabilizer wouldnt hurt, but definitely fill the tank.

·
Still plays with cars...
521 Posts
Stabil

Used it the last couple of years on my '04 stored over the winter, plan to use it on the '06 as well - great stuff, never had a problem with starting on the first crank, any time, every time. Highly recommended. Just make sure you put a few miles on after you've put it in the tank to make sure that the entire system has been treated (pump, injectors, fuel rails, etc.).

·
Thank you Holden!!!
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the plan, put it in the tank, fill up and drive a few miles to get it all through the system. Once I put it where it's going, I can't start it till I pull it out because the rear of the car is going to be up against a wall, car will be sideways in the back of the garage. Just wanted mainly to make sure this stuff was safe for our cars as far as sensors and such.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I used that last year. No problems. I would not do a full tank of fuel though. Just a half, and make sure you run the car like it says on the bottle. Keeps any water in the fuel from corroding the lines while sitting.

·
いいえ、それ&#
2,018,232 Posts
I've used it for years in my motorcycles with no problems. I'll probably throw some in the GTO while it sits this winter.

·
Administrator
20,433 Posts
Ive used it for 5-6 years, lawnmowers, motorcycles, gas in a can. Seems to work good. Cars get driven year round here for the most part.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i've use it on everything that sits for a while. i got away with not doing it for years but then i started having problems with gas turning to gum in my lawnmower's gas lines and carburator. cheap insurance

·
Jussa lil'o treefiddy
119 Posts
Black Devil said:
I used that last year. No problems. I would not do a full tank of fuel though. Just a half, and make sure you run the car like it says on the bottle. Keeps any water in the fuel from corroding the lines while sitting.
I'd have to disagree about the 1/2 tank. The upper half of the tank could develope moisture in the tank from condensation and corrode. Sta-Bil was one of the things I sold religiously at O'Reilly's and even if the fuel doesn't sit long enough to go stagnate, that stuff is good for your injectors anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts