LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really like the front end of the autoform kit, but just doing the rear end so i can fit bigger tires is an appealing option. Has anyone done this? If so pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
I don't know of anyone that has done it yet, but this shot kinda gets you the idea.

It definitely gets you much bigger tires in the rear. They've also said they can fill in the cut outs so it would look like the JHP kit thats coming out

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm good to know. its just hard to tell how i like it without the front end if i dont see a picture of it. BTW, thats a nice looking car youve got there.

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
fyi, I bought their cowl hood and quality was excelent.

·
05' CGM GTO
3,548 Posts
wow that things sick. I want some fender flares more than anything. It kills me. The front i dont think needs them so much cause if you catch it from the front view they bend and it almost looks like a flare. But the rear end definatly needs flares and that looks awesome, where might i find that kit and is theyre anymore pictures? I may be pretty intrested in that.

edit: that goat is f'n sweet! haha. Is theyre ceams were the flares are? just stickons or are they an actual rear quarter with bent flares?

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
My photochop skills suck :p

Filled in rear (my chop makes it look bigger than it is) and a stock front

Attachments

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
sporaclic said:
edit: that goat is f'n sweet! haha. Is theyre ceams were the flares are? just stickons or are they an actual rear quarter with bent flares?
There are seams, but they could be filled no problem. The fenders are just, sealed, new liners added and then the flares are drilled / epoxied onto the car and then painted.

Any speaking of their quality, these things are sturdy as hell. I am a big guy (250lbs) and I can easily stand on these thing without any flex.

Autoform makes them, the whole front and rear flares are $2400 + install and the rears only are right around $1200. Don't quote me on the prices, I'm sure Tony will be in here in the morning to correct me. I love the kit and theres nothing like 315 rubber out the back, I can't wait until I burn these up I'm pretty sure I can get 335s under there next time there is plenty of room.

Heres a picture of how much rubber you can actually fit back there
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=191908511&size=o&context=set-72157594202455466

And heres a link to some of my other pictures from the Nationals, if you want bigger pictures click on the "All Sizes" icon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_and_erin/sets/72157594202455466/

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jcain, have you seen it in person, or is that just a guess, not disagreeing just curious. Cause i really want to see it for myself before i choose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts