LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with subs in the rear QP what is the maximum thickness you can make the box. Im talking about the subs where you take out the rear seat speakers and build sub boxes for them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
vanillagorila said:
anyone with subs in the rear QP what is the maximum thickness you can make the box. Im talking about the subs where you take out the rear seat speakers and build sub boxes for them.
I used 5.5" deep. The problem is the bottom of the space. Higher up, you have upwards of 8" or more. The boxes are 14 x 12 x 5.5, which gives an internal volume of 0.25 ft^3.

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts

·
As fast as fast can be
134 Posts
Without cutting your factory panels, you are very limited, I think with 3/4" mdf on the front and backside I measured around 5 1/2" to 6". I built a fiber-glass box for the quarter and then a mdf box for the quarters and I did not like the sound of either. I took the boxes out and put them in the truck and it sounded so much better and louder. So after that I made a new box for the truck in the floor with my spare intacked. I am running a pair of really good 10" subs. I am going to change the system again and run one 13" focal dvc sub on the rear deck. I will be doing what ever it takes to make the box work the best. My system is designed for SQ. Good luck with yours. Alot of people like putting the subs in the quarter panels but most of them are runnning cheap subs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, Ive seen that most people are getting 5 - 6 inches out of their boxes, I already bought a pair of JL 10w1v2's, But I'd take them back if I could get a little more depth. I could go with 10w3's

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
vanillagorila said:
thanks, Ive seen that most people are getting 5 - 6 inches out of their boxes, I already bought a pair of JL 10w1v2's, But I'd take them back if I could get a little more depth. I could go with 10w3's
I've got 10W6V2s in mine, but they are all fiberglass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts