LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Better pics coming this weekend, just thought I'd give you guys and preview!! :wall:

·
Registered
264 Posts
one of the nicer ones that i have seen yet, and i like the tach too. reminds me of the old school look. You guys are lucky to have all the fun putting all these cool ass parts on the car.

·
3,327 Posts
Hope that it is an oil pressure gage. If it is, Howie and I need to talk. :D

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
OH YES! Now that is BAD A** looking! I am not a "hood scoop" fanatic. Didn't bother me at all that my '04 didn't have them. But THAT HOOD IS AWESOME. Wicked looking. Seeing that in your rearview mirror would scare the pee out of every ricer driver and a few Mustang drivers, too!

OK, Howie, we DO have to talk. :)

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
I second Warrens comment - hope it is an oil pressure gauge. The lines of the hood look great.

·
LS1 Enthusiast!
154 Posts
Hrm, I like the concept, but I think it's too pointy. Doesn't follow the lines
of the car too well with such a sharp angle on it. Just my opinion though.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Warren said:
Hope that it is an oil pressure gage. If it is, Howie and I need to talk. :D
Gauge pod is universal. It will hold any 2 1/16" gauge. We are putting a boost gauge in ours, but you could run any 2 /16" gauge you'd like in it: N20 pressure, air/ fuel ratio, fuel pressure, oil pressure, you get the idea.

nikivee said:
Beautiful Man!!! That is the hood to have!! What will the price be? Will it be functional hood scoop?
Hood will be functional with an airbox that will work with a n/a motor or a Magnacharged one. This paticular hood has closed scoops as it is just a prototype for show, regular production hood will all have open scoops! Pricing is yet to be determined but our goal is under $800 w/o the airbox.

·
3,327 Posts
Here and I wanted to keep my GTO all original. Good thing for me, it is not availible right now. Gives me time to save up some $$ :D

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Awesome job Howie!! Looks great! :thumbs: Just one question, any chance of you guys offering the hood w/o the gage pod?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
PendragonZ said:
Hrm, I like the concept, but I think it's too pointy. Doesn't follow the lines
of the car too well with such a sharp angle on it. Just my opinion though.
dito

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
RAZRS EDGE said:
Awesome job Howie!! Looks great! :thumbs: Just one question, any chance of you guys offering the hood w/o the gage pod?
Or the hood with the pod guage only?
:drink: :drink:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
This seems to be one of the nicest looking "agressive" GTO hoods I've seen, including a lot of Photochops. Interesting contrast with the SLP hood, which is more in line with the subtle, European styling of the Monaro. Different strokes. :)

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tails said:
Or the hood with the pod guage only?
:drink: :drink:
The gauge pod is NOT molded to the hood. It is a bolt on unit just like the old hood tachs. The hood comes w/o out the pod. The pod will be able to bolt onto any hood, factory of aftermarket. So if you like your factory hood or someone else's aftermarket hood and wanted to add the pod with your favorite gauge, you could do just that!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts