LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, they tell me that my car should be here in (a maximum of) 3 weeks. I went through GMAC at MSRP, and got approved at 7&1/2 %. My credit sucks, so this is very good news for me. I plan on paying 1000 a month. Am I crazy? I really cant state how bad my credit sucks, but I have paid off two different car loans through a local bank that does not report to the credit agencies (sp?). They were 5 year loans, and I had them paid in full in 3 and a half years, at (good God how stupid am I?) 10%

Warren

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would say you are not crazy. If you can afford it (not taking food out of your families mouthes or losing the roof over thier heads) and it is what you want you should do it. This will only help your credit. It is easy for someone with good to excellent credit to say hold out for a better interest rate. Only you know your credit rating and what you can qualify for.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah, probably the best way for you to get on the road back. I was fortunate to get mine @ 4.9%, I might have got it lower but there was an error on my credit report, I had a charge card thru a furniture store that I discontinued after I moved out of state, and they showed that thety cancelled me after my last payment was 'delinquent'. I faxed them my record of last payment and unleashed some serious hell on them afterwards. Shame on me for not checking in on my credit report from time to time I suppose. I would suggest to you potential buyers out there to check your record and make sure it's right before looking for rates, might have saved me a point.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
britus56 said:
Yeah, probably the best way for you to get on the road back. I was fortunate to get mine @ 4.9%, I might have got it lower but there was an error on my credit report, I had a charge card thru a furniture store that I discontinued after I moved out of state, and they showed that thety cancelled me after my last payment was 'delinquent'. I faxed them my record of last payment and unleashed some serious hell on them afterwards. Shame on me for not checking in on my credit report from time to time I suppose. I would suggest to you potential buyers out there to check your record and make sure it's right before looking for rates, might have saved me a point.
So true
How ever I have A class Credit and got 4.89 for 60 mo.
I guess its whom you trust. I am with a credit union and already have 02 Grand Am loan out with them.

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maghut said:
(not taking food out of your families mouthes or losing the roof over thier heads)
No chance of that - Single, no kids, just toys! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts