LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Last NIB APS TT in the World
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peter,

After looking at the APS website I see that the C6 kits comes with fuel system upgrades, but I didn't see it offerred on the GTO kit did they make a mistake or do we have to purchase our own fuel system upgrades? Like Walbro 255 fuel pump and 60# injectors and other stuff like that. The reason that I'm asking is because my installer is writing a complete quote for parts and labor, and he needs to know what's exactly included in the kit.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think you would be much better off emailing APS or sending them a pm about it directly.

·
Vendorless
676 Posts
For some reason it has been clear to me, maybe I could be imagining this, but the "NEW" kit will NOT

N O T

have any parts regarding fuel

You have to handle get the fuel system done on your own.

·
Vendorless
676 Posts
A qoute from Peter on the Ls1tech site

"The GTO intercooled TT system will be a very complete bolt on twin turbo kit with all the hardware required for the install (with also have very detailed install instructions), all you need to do is to add the fuel system of your choice. I will be able to post a complete kit list in the near future and I would expect ther MSRP be around $5995 if all does to plan, best gues only and I will confirm final pricing over the coming months. A set of 60 lb injectors and a quality boost a pump will provide sufficient fuel supply to support around 550 whp, maybe a little more depending on fuel pump performance. Here's a new frontal 3/4 pic of the twin turbo system, enjoy!"

I bolded the important part

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
But that is the TT system. Not the APS?

·
I am now NOBOOST GTO SOLD
1,505 Posts
As per my conversation with Peter at this time APS does not include a fuel system with there kit. The reason is some people may already have fuel system upgrades or there may be different power levels wanted and a fuel system just adds to the cost.

Hope this helps you out!! with the exception of just a few forced induction kits most of them do not include a fuel system either.

Les

There may be a option for a extreme fuel system in the future but nothing set in stone yet.

·
Last NIB APS TT in the World
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I guess the next thing is what is the best 'bang for the buck' 60# injector for a forced induction application? And also is the walbro 255 good enough to support 600rwhp? I think I read somewhere that it was the min and not really strong enough to support 550 to 600 rwhp.

·
Registered
699 Posts
LPE claims their pump and a BAP is good to about 600 rwhp. Haven't found any LS2 length 60#ers so if yours is an 05/06 you end up spacing the rails up, or use shorter injectors and have spacers made to take up the length difference (like Loboost is doing).

I got my 60's from Mark at http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/home.php

Best price I could find, but don't remember what they were. You also need the harness adapters for the wiring.

Jody

1 - 11 of 11 Posts