Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Last NIB APS TT in the World
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected],

Why is there such a large hp difference between the Vette kit and the GTO kit? If the two engines are practically identical, how can one produce so much more power than the other? Here are the two dyno charts.

Vette

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/corvette/c6.htm
10.5 psi of turbocharger boost pressure in the mid range trimming to 9 psi near red line results in outstanding power and torque.

GTO

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/ls1/us_gto.htm
The above dyno chart compares the Power and Torque at the wheels of a stock LS2 GTO and the same vehicle after the APS Intercooled Twin Turbo conversion. Note that engine tuning was performed using the APS engine management system (93 Octane map) and a zero backpressure exhaust system.

And before some of you chime in, I know the vette's dyno pull is at the crank and the GTO is at the rear wheels. But it still seems to be quite some discrepancies... And I see the boost of the vette is 10.5lbs and the GTO is 6. Why can the vette engine handle more booste than the GTO engine? And if we crank the boost of the GTO up to 10.5 will it produce the same HP as the vette? Peter shed some light on this subject please...

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
The vette made 630 whp, the GTO 530 whp. The higher boost explains the difference in power, but I have no idea why boost levels are different between the GTO and vette.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
If you have any questions directly on APS offerings please contact [email protected] at though his PM or email though his website.

·
Last NIB APS TT in the World
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After talking to Peter about the discrepancies, he has informed me that the new turbos will be capable of producing 1000hp. So there are supposed to be drastic changes between the new kit and the old one.

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
He's asking why the boost difference between two LS2 APS TT equipped vehicles (10.5psi v 6 psi).

·
Registered
699 Posts
About 6 psi is the starting point for both of those kits I believe. You can turn either up to 10 psi or so on the stock motor as long as you have the octane/alky/etc. to avoid detonation.

I spoke with an APS dealer in Australia and they were over 600 rwhp on a GTO with a stock engine and about 9 psi of boost with the APS kit.

Jody

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hawkeye said:
The vette made 630 whp, the GTO 530 whp. The higher boost explains the difference in power, but I have no idea why boost levels are different between the GTO and vette.
because it was turned up? i dont see any company handing over a kit ''on kill'' teh GTO i would have to guess has a more out the box setup while the vette has been turned up without caring for a shortblock and valve train.

plus vetters tend to dyno higher than a GTO anyway :)

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
I know why it dynoed higher (more boost) but, like I said, I have no idea why they aren't running the same boost on LS2's on different platforms.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hawkeye said:
Not only higher boost level, the turbos on the C6 twin turbo system are larger than on the first version of the GTO twin turbo system, hope that clarifies the power difference for you guys. :turbonaug

Peter

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
LS1GTO.com Sponsor = Very nice to see...welcome Peter!

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
Not only higher boost level, the turbos on the C6 twin turbo system are larger than on the first version of the GTO twin turbo system, hope that clarifies the power difference for you guys.

Peter
Despite the difference in turbo size, can you run the GTO turbos (current kit) at the same boost as the C6 system on the same fuel? Will the new GTO kit about to come out run higher boost like the C6 too?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
SlotCar said:
I expect lots of good turbo talk now that its legal.
Plenty of interesting new product info on the latest GTO twin turbo system over the coming months..............you'll here about it here first for sure. :) :turbonaug

Peter

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
Hawkeye said:
Despite the difference in turbo size, can you run the GTO turbos (current kit) at the same boost as the C6 system on the same fuel? Will the new GTO kit about to come out run higher boost like the C6 too?
loboost is over 12psi right now. car still doesnt seem like its even working a sweat.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.