LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my 16" AR57 upper receiver.
Should mount on most all standard AR-15 lowers. Mounts fine on mine.

I've had it for a couple of years. Probably about 500 rounds through it. Fun little plinker, but lately it's been just taking up too much room.

I'm including 550 rounds of ammo, new in box. (cost usually $0.45 to $0.5 per round).
Another 90 rounds are loaded into two OE FN 50 round PS90 magazines which are included as well.

The sight that I have mounted can go with the upper. It's a Vortex Strike Fire with a red dot. OK budget red dot sight. I don't have anything else to mount it on right now so I have no use for it. The battery has seen probably 16 hours of use so should be good to go for a while more. The original box comes with the upper and optic.

Looking to get $1,100 shipped to the lower 50 states.

Note I have to ship in 2 different boxes as the ammo is ORD-M and will ship in their own box.

I would prefer local pickup because shipping ammo is a pain in the ass.
Items located at 77070.

Buyer responsible to check local laws if it's shipped.

Uppers are not considered a firearm. Some states don't like the 50rd magazines.

Willing to negotiate (more so on local pickup) and will take offers.
PM me for the offers.

Face to face deal, cash only.
If shipped then Money order/paypal.

More Pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/lsxVB

Anyone going to goatfest interested? If so I can take it with me.

·
right foot maniac
1,696 Posts
any idea if the upper will work with a rdias?my dad has a fn pistol in this caliber and just picked up the rdias

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm not 100% sure of the Rdias (no personal experience, I whish I had a RDIAS), but my understanding is that on a regular AR15 you need a M16 bolt carrier group if you run an Auto-shear, so it would make sense that the auto bolt for the AR57 is exactly meant for that?

http://www.57center.com/m8/AR57-102 FA--ar57-full-auto-bolt-and-buffer.html

If you are really interested, I can email the AR57 people, but you can also inquire from them.

E-mail Contacts:
Request Information: [email protected]
Customer Support: [email protected]
Technical Support: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]

Tel 1-888-900-5728
Available to take your orders Monday-Thursday 6:30AM-1:30PM Pacific Standard Time. Closed on Friday's.

Seems to work with M16 lowers:

Here is what the AR57 bolts looks like next to a semi-auto AR15 bolt:

The back cut of the bolt is too far back (it should match the top cut of the AR15 to work), but who says it can't be remedied (modify the semi-auto bolt)?? ;)

The ar57 full-auto bolt kit from the link above should make it a drop in with an RDIAS as it has the notch at the back of the bolt moved forward.

Here's the difference:
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29:my-bolt-carrier-looks-like-it-is-a-full-auto-carrier-how-do-i-tell-the-difference&catid=7:general-questions

Specifically this picture:

·
right foot maniac
1,696 Posts
i'll let him know,i like how they ask for info that by law is not needed to buy the kit.i'll look into this better bro,and thanks for getting back to me.he got the rdias from a old family friend's estate for 9k + stamp.he damn near robbed them lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll let him know,i like how they ask for info that by law is not needed to buy the kit.i'll look into this better bro,and thanks for getting back to me.he got the rdias from a old family friend's estate for 9k + stamp.he damn near robbed them lol
No problem.

If I had a RDIAS, I'd machine a small hole and insert a CrMo pin on the bolt to trip the RDIAS. The pin could be replaced if it ever wore down.

Your right, the bolt is not a controlled item. I guess these guys are spooked by the ATF for some reason.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Even the triggers aren't NFA items. You can buy a Geissele SSF, any auto selector, and your standard M16 BCG all over the counter without a tax stamp.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Ihanin kaikista
19,155 Posts
Still available!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump.
Taking reasonable offers if anyone is interested. Haven't shot it in a year now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts