LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are There Any Dealers Offering GMS & if not, what is the spiff over GMS?

I am interested primarily in Michigan but want to know about other states too.

Thanks, SD455TA

·
Registered
529 Posts
GMS took the place of all other discount programs through GM. Years ago you could negotiate your best deal and then get a percentage off of that. Now the price is the price. Usually it's around $1,000 under dealer invoice. Every dealer can but is not obligated to honor GMS pricing. You simply call a computer and request the GMS #. I bought a 2002 Tahoe LT w/ every available option, sticker was north of $41,500 and I bought it for $32,500. One of the perks of dad spending 30 years @ GM. :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GM usually restricts GMS pricing on vehicles that are in short supply.

A dealer in Michigan showed me a listing that says NO GMS.

Is it possible that it is available in other zones in the country?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thought I'd pass on some info I learned last week. I'm buying my 04 fom my Cousin who is the Dealer. I bought my other 3 GTO's fom his Dad and my Grandfather. Anyhow I talked to him about Supplier Discount as I am elgible. He hesitated and said that he would make more money if he sold it GMS.
Supplier Discount would be $200 to $300 over invoice and GMS would be about $1,000 under invoice. But it turns out that if he sells it for GMS, he gets a 5% kick back from GM and makes more money than if he sells Supplier Discount!
The only problem is that I do not qualify for GMS. But he said he would make me a good deal. But he has to see what invoice is and how much GM marks up the car.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've never seen a restriction on GMS pricing for any vehicle in the last 15 years. I have however run into dealer's refusing to honor it, which is their right to do so. My dealer has agreed to do it and I have it in writing. They also have to wave any "processing" fees. So the $299 to $499 BS fees cannot be charged. :cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
cvp33 said:
I've never seen a restriction on GMS pricing for any vehicle in the last 15 years. I have however run into dealer's refusing to honor it, which is their right to do so. My dealer has agreed to do it and I have it in writing. They also have to wave any "processing" fees. So the $299 to $499 BS fees cannot be charged. :cool:
That's the same deal asd I have. I have to pay GMS, tax, title, and temp plate fee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right for Pontiac dealers --they have not have a hot car for the last 15 years!

However, corvette Z06, XLR cadillac, SSR, GM has no GMS available

Who is your dealer in Rochester Hills?

Thanks, SD455TA

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm getting my GTO from a dealer in Wisconsin. A buddy of mine from college owns the store so I kind of had an inside deal for GMS. If I was to have bought the car here in Michigan I would have bought it from Somerset in Troy

I talked to him today and he said you can get GMS on a Z-06.

·
Registered
246 Posts
chotton said:
I'm getting my GTO from a dealer in Wisconsin. A buddy of mine from college owns the store so I kind of had an inside deal for GMS. If I was to have bought the car here in Michigan I would have bought it from Somerset in Troy

I talked to him today and he said you can get GMS on a Z-06.
Hey what dealer in WI are you hooked up with. i ordered through one near Green Bay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Rocket
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing