LS1GTO Forums banner

Are these Brakes Rotors Any Good?

5K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Ausstar 
I'm sorry but there is no way that a replacement rotor should cost over $150. This is the one thing (ok, maybe there's more than only one) that pisses me off about the GTO. C5 Corvettes can get replacement rotors from NAPA for $25. Why should there not be an inexpensive rotor for the GTO? Before you go saying that the NAPA rotors are crap, keep in mind that the T1 guys use them. At that price, they're practically disposable for them. On the street, they last just as long as the stock rotors.

Someone please find a decently priced (<$75) replacement rotor before mine need to be replaced.

If a $25 rotor lasts a year and a $200 rotor lasts 3 years (doubtful) which is less expensive in the long run? I could replace the cheap ones 2-3 times a year if I had to before spending $600-800 on rotors.

What does Chris Brannon use for rotors?

Napalm said:
If your paying $25 for a replacement rotor, 1) you don't care about performace or quality, and 2) you just bought saftey equipment for your car that was made in China, for around $5 including shipping.

How about the $100 a set C5 rotors at Rock Auto? They're made in Canada. Is that better for you?

It's a hunk of iron that is used to dissipate heat. If it's cheap enough that you can replace it every few track days, what's the big deal?

Read this thread if you don't believe me. The discussion is related to this one on Page 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.