LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help.

I'm just a hair short of 13k miles. Unfortunatly in the last month or so the suspension has gotten horrible. Every little rut bump and groove in the road is sending the car in a different direction. It's quite scarry when going though intersections with ruts in the road. Better have a very good grip on the steering wheel.

I've taken the car back to the dealer twice and they tell me that it's to be expected the wide tires and performance suspension will cause that. (humm did'nt to this during the first 12k miles). they then told me that they did tighten up some bolts but it's done nothing to correct the problem. (12k miles and some bolts are loose? That makes me feel good)

So I've had it with the idiots at Pontiac. I'm looking for suggestions for a suspension shop that will be able to correct the problem. Verify that nothing has broken or come loose. Do and actual allignment for smooth comfortible driving. Is there a corvette shop here that someone is happy with? I'm hoping that they will have the experience with irs to do the job right the first time. I want my old goat back.

Thanks for any input.

Tim

·
Got V8
241 Posts
Try Network Alignment that place rocks, go to the cave creek store if you can and talk to Brennon he's a freind of mine. If that place is to far they have one on Bethany Home Rd too. They do race alignments, stock alignments and they do both very very well.

If you talk to Brennon he's the manager tell him Jon (his neighbor) sent you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
(602) 867-8061
12639 N Cave Creek Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85022

Just North of the Cactus/Thunderbird/Cave Creek intersection on the right after the Cobblestone Plaza.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Try calling Pontiac customer service and complaining. They should force the dealer to fix the problem.

·
Registered
588 Posts
darkitec said:
Help.

I'm just a hair short of 13k miles. Unfortunatly in the last month or so the suspension has gotten horrible. Every little rut bump and groove in the road is sending the car in a different direction. It's quite scarry when going though intersections with ruts in the road. Better have a very good grip on the steering wheel.

I've taken the car back to the dealer twice and they tell me that it's to be expected the wide tires and performance suspension will cause that. (humm did'nt to this during the first 12k miles). they then told me that they did tighten up some bolts but it's done nothing to correct the problem. (12k miles and some bolts are loose? That makes me feel good)

So I've had it with the idiots at Pontiac. I'm looking for suggestions for a suspension shop that will be able to correct the problem. Verify that nothing has broken or come loose. Do and actual allignment for smooth comfortible driving. Is there a corvette shop here that someone is happy with? I'm hoping that they will have the experience with irs to do the job right the first time. I want my old goat back.

Thanks for any input.

Tim
Tim,

This is a common problem in Australia on the Holdens. Our Caster Kit addresses this problem and replaces the factory pieces with high quality urethane. Give me a call when you have a chance and I can answer any questions you may have.

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
strapp said:
Try calling Pontiac customer service and complaining. They should force the dealer to fix the problem.

I guess I owe an apology to the dealers. I took the car to Network Alignment and they verified that everything was tight and aligned to specifications. Thanks guys. I can rest assured that nothing is going to come apart on me. Maybe Bob Bondurant driving school will have some suggestions. They are using the GTO for their Performance Driving School.

Perhaps they've made some changes that will apply to street driven cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts