LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're proud to announce that Arrowhead Performance is now taking orders on our "V-Crest" fiberglass ram air hood for the GTO. Made of the highest quality materials available the fit and finish is superb, saving you in paint prep and installation costs. Our unique styling makes the V-Crest hood a stand out from twin scoop designs from the factory and other aftermarket hoods all while being fully functional.

Coupled with our WS-6 styled airbox (to be released in early July) the V-Crest hood will add fresh cool air straight to your throttle body without any unnecessary ductwork. This system will work with both a naturally aspirated engine and the Magnacharger Radix GTO supercharger kit. Pictures coming soon.

Pictured below is our prototype hood with non-functional scoops and our hood mounted gauge pod. Production hoods will arrive with fully functional open scoops and the hood mounted gauge pod is available separately.

Please contact me if you have any questions or to place an order.

Arrowhead Performance V-Crest hood: $795 + shipping

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fattdaddyGTO said:
Dude what's up with your guys site??????
The web designer we had working on it just got fired. This is the second web designer we've used. We're looking at a new designer already, hopefully he'll work out and get the site back on it's feet quickly!

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Question on the gage pod. I notice when I drive that the wiper blades might block the guage on the hood from view. Is that true or does it sit so it ok to see?

Also, I thought it might be cool if there was a multi-funcion digital guage that could be switched from inside the car that would fit in there. Does that make sense and is there such a thing?

And finally, you sell wheels I know, but without the site I have trouble knowing what and how much. Sooo, here is my question I am looking for price on. I like the style of the CV8-R wheels from HSV/Holden

and I like the style of the AC Schnitzer Type IV wheels.

I would like a wheel similar to either of these that is 18" and would fit the 275 in the rear and 245 front without rubbing or modification.

Thanks.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mounted position for the gague pod is not blocked by the wiper blades. Don't know of a multi-functional gauge. I work directly with Autometer though and I'll inquire about it. The pod will hold just about any 2 1/16" gauge that you'd like.

As for the wheels you're looking for shoot me a call. I have several different options available and can get you a set of 18" wheels that will fit 275's on the back with no rubbing!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks I will give you a call. Do I just ask for you? Do I leave a message or ?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZillaGTO said:
Thanks I will give you a call. Do I just ask for you? Do I leave a message or ?
Asking for me is fine. If I don't answer it means we're on the other line. Leave a message and we'll get back with you ASAP! Thanks!

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Orders are filling fast for the first run of hoods. Please contact me if you want one of the first V-Crest hoods!

·
175 Posts
Not degrading the hood in anyway. I like it but its not my style. Anyway, are you working on any other hoods for the car. Maybe something a little more round and in sync with the lines of the car. Maybe a mix of the mpd hood and the hood from the Last Ride. I've noticed all your customers on here are satisfied and you listen to them. I would love to just go to someone and get a custom hood built that no one will ever have, but i know that wont happen so maybe if you are already in the process of a new hood other than the current one that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Andrew

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No one hood is going to satisfy evryone. The design of the hood come from function first. Knowing the TB on an LS1 is on the front middle of the engine we knew that's where the scoop needed to be to be the most functional. This provides a direct shot from the scoop to the airbox and to the TB without any ducting. Feedback from people who seen it in person has been overwhelming. The are plenty of twin scoop designs out there but ours is very original, all while being extremely funtional. We're doing something right our first run of hoods is nearly sold out!!

Thanks for the feedback. If you'd like to talk about some more hood options shoot me a call.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I like that hood. Looks nice.

Just need a few more pics of the underside and what it would look like from the drivers seat.

Keep up the good work and the great products.

Thanks

·
DOG
626 Posts
I don't like it. No offense. I'd LOVE to see one like the grand prix hood (Their banshee hood doesn't have the peak in the middle and looks silly because of it - at least in my opinion)

Different strokes for different folks though. Thats for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like it, very different. Howie, do you have this hood on another GTO besides yellow? Black hopefully!

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We've already taken several orders. Call us if you're interested!

·
Registered
264 Posts
if you guys could get any functional pics up that would be great, i would love to see what the real grills look like. with all the little finishes. Its going to be tuff to pick out what hood to go after.... seen soo many good ones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts