LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
That means the Ship Chijin is the one and it is going to land in my back yard. I will be investigating how close I can get and will take lots of pics. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible to indentify the cars so you could see your own.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I also went to the NYK lines and the port of Tacoma websites to see if they had the scheduled arrival times....they didn't yet. I did find out that the cruise speed of the ship is about 18 knots which is about 20 mph. That tranlates into about four weeks for the 13,000 mile trip. The useless information is the ship is registered under the Phillipines and is 173 meters long. I did see that the ships under NYK handle between 2800 an 4000 cars.... 450 hardly make a dent. There must be something else onboard to make the trip worthwhile.

How's that for wasting time on a Sunday afternoon.

:D

·
Registered
294 Posts
What is the going rate on a helicoptor now days? I think we could chip in and send Tails on a first class spy mission. He could buzz the port as the ship reaches port and provide a live video feed.

The next phase would be hiring somebody to follow/track the car carriers as they embark across the country.

Should see some of the production codes change anytime shouldn't we?

ohboyohboyohboyohboy

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Be nice to Tails, you never know what "dirt" he may have on you. :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
True dat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts